We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Help!

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Help!

Hello!

My Bride to be and I are currently searching for our honeymoon destination. We've decided on the Maldives as it looks as close to paradise as we can possibly imagine. The problem is...there are seemingly a lot of options for paradise!

The budget is around 4k, for 7 nights, at the end of October, beginning of November.

Seemingly everyone has a different favourite island so at least there is seemingly an array of options.

We're undecided on Water Villa or Beach Villa.

What the bride really wants is a spectacular room to stay in, within budget of course, so can anyone please help us, have you stayed in a room that you would highly recommend, an island that stands out above the rest? WV or BV? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Help!

I've been 4 times, booked again for June this year.

Favourite islands have been Vilamendhoo and Filitheyo & this year we're off to Reethi Beach. Our top priority is a great house reef for snorkelling and a reasonable budget - around £1.5k each usually 10 nights half board. We like beach bungalows, not stayed in a water villa mainly due to cost but like the sandy surroundings and quiet sleeping!

All of the islands above are a good standard but I wouldn't call the rooms spectacular as the materials are generally locally sourced so there's a distinct lack of marble/flat screen TVs/plush carpet etc. I would suggest googling some of the islands and viewing their photo galleries so you can both establish what style you want if that's the key criteria for you.

As an aside, Oct/Nov is at the end of the monsoon season and could be wet.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Help!

Not sure if it would be within your budget, but Veligandu is a great island for a honeymoon. Nice rooms, great food, beaches etc. If good snorkelling is important it isn't the best choice, but for everything else I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Ian

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Help!

Athuruga , Thudufushi WV are very nice not sure about the cost !

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Help!

Who'd have thought 4k is a small budget for a holiday! I'll cehck those ones out, cheers!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Help!

Unfortunately the reality is that a decent holiday in the Maldives even in rainy season for can cost around £4k :(

The most ridiculous price I have ever gotten online (excluding Rania Experience) was about £83k for two weeks...now that's mind boggling.

I know you have a separate thread going about the merits of AI but for honeymoon it would have to be Athuruga/Thudufushi, Veligandu, Maafushivaru or Mirihi for me :)

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Help!

To keep you in the loop as you all helped...

We have gone for Kurumathi, Select All Inclusive for 7 nights, 4 in a Deluxe Beach Villa and 3 in a Water Villa.

Thanks for all your help!

7. Re: Honeymoon Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2013, 10:17