We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

Noida, Uttar...
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

Hi,

I am getting married in February and planing for a honeymoon at the end of February. I am very much confused between Maldives and Mauritius. We are looking a place where we can enjoy with each other and want to do some water sports as well. I researched and found that Maldives are perfect but it is very much resort centric so we don't have much options to do and might be we will get bored to stay in 1 resort only. We have 3N-4D.

Kindly give me advise for choosing my honeymoon destination. I really don't want to do any experiment in my honeymoon and want to make it memorable for my whole life.

Thanks

Vidushi

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

Although both in the Indian ocean you will find that the weather is different between Mauritius and the Maldives. February/March is one of the best times of year to visit the Maldives however in Mauritius it is cyclone season that time of year.

Noida, Uttar...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

Thanks dear for your reply, could you please tell me about paradise resort, is it worth to stay there in Maldives and any idea about Kurumba Resort??

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,268 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

it seems that all indian tour operators are pushing a hard sale for paradise island .. i would not recommend this resort - especially not for a honeymoon.

kurumba is a bit better but it is located right next to the city and airport - not my idea of romance.

unfortunately, you left it incredibly late to book for the current high season and most resorts will not have any openings by now .. also , many do not accept ultra short stays of only 3 nights. i suggest you find yourself a specialized travel agent very fast, who can pull up resorts that still have openings for your dates. you could try PurelyMaldives here in the forum.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

We stayed at Paradise Island for our honeymoon, it is not an island I would recommend. We went purely because we also booked last minute and there was no other choice. (I had an operation, it wasn't a last minute wedding! lol)

Paradise does have some plus points. The food was good.Our room was a little dated but they may have upgraded them now.I also liked the bars and the restaurant over the water.

I have visited Kurumba also, and between the two I would pick Kurumba. have a look at Kuramathi. Because this is a larger resort they may still have rooms available. That would be my choice in the same sort of price range. Also good choice of restaurants.

regards T23

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

Hi,

I am planning to visit maldives on my honeymoon in late september. I am confused in selecting the best resort between Hollday Inn Kandooma, Kurumba and Sheraton. Please advise me the best report option.

Thanks,

Ricky

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

Hi,

I am planning to visit maldives on my honeymoon in late september. I am confused in selecting the best resort between Hollday Inn Kandooma, Kurumba and Sheraton. Please advise me the best report option.

Thanks,

Ricky

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,268 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

best option between these two is .. neither. what are you looking for in a resort, Ricky ... and what specifically attracts you to these two choices ?

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

I want to visit maldives on my honeymoon. Our budget is 1800-2000$ for 4 nights stay (excluding airfare). So, as per my budget I selected these resorts based on their reviews on trip advisor. Please suggest some other best options based on my budget. I want to enjoy water sports and the room should also be good.

Also, please suggest whether Maldives/Mauritius is the best option in late september for honeymoon.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

Hello Ricky

I appreciate your destination is not yet set in stone - however if you choose Maldives then I would suggest avoid Sheraton as it is under the flight path of aircraft taking off from the airport. From your other 2 my suggestion would be either as they both have plus and negative points (Kandooma is further from the airport for seclusion, whereas Kurumba has very good quality dining and luxurious rooms).

Have a great trip

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon destination- Maldives/ Mauritius

Hi Destination Expert.

Need you immediate help!!

I am very much confused in selecting the resort in my budget. As I told you that my budget is 1800$ which should includes everything (stay, meals, taxes, speedboat, snorkeling and other sports activities). Excluding airfare.

Please suggest some good resorts as I am unable to choose.

Thanks for your great help

Regards,

Rachit