We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

St Neots, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

I have an unexpected £500 to spend on maldives holiday, I could do 14 days dhonveli with upgrade flights F/c 4k..10 days .reethi, upgrade flights B/A 4.3k....or lily beach 10 days basic fl. emirates 4.6k, where to spend it? considering i am 60 with dodgy knees & hubby 17 stone, going round in circles, like dhonveli too, any advice please. J

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

Hi Jilly

I would go for the 14 days at Dhonveli the longest time and the upgraded flights.Seems the best of all worlds cheapest and longest

Regards

Doug

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

jilly, do you mean you have £5000 to spend or an extra £500?

If you have £5000, then Reethi Beach with standard flights for 14 nights will be in budget.

John

St Neots, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

£4500 is my budget but thats pushing it, I have been to 7 islands & this could be my last so want to get it right, I really fancy Lily but as you say say I sacrifice 4 days & comfort, sorry I meant to say like the look of Olhuveli too, oh God it's so hard, if I keep dithering I won't get much choice anyway for May,

Jilly

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

I haven't been to Dhonveli, but from everything I've seen about it I wouldn't recommend it, except perhaps to Maldives first timers.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

after 7 islands, wouldnt Olhuveli be a backward step? I would have thought Reethi would be your best option but are those prices all AI?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,371 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

how about athuruga in a beach villa - cheaper and nicer than lily

or .. moofushi ... or angaga

St Neots, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

I have loved all the Islands so far but they are getting more expensive. meed a bit too busy and resorty, even enjoyed faru, best was veligandu (out of my range now) need A/i.. don't like seperate bar class sustem as in kuredu .must have apool, peaceful a must, Ohluveli nor so good? looking at spammies suggestions .J.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

No pool at Angaga - other than the big one surrounding the island :-)

Great resort though. Reethi does have a pool, and AI option, pool area always seemed to be frequented by children though. Mind you school holidays have overlapped our visits there, and it has never exactly been over run with little ones.

We've been to Veligandu and love Angaga and Reethi Beach.

Emirates economy isn't too bad for legroom although being 6'2" must admit it can get a bit cramped. you could always try and get exit seats, loads of legroom then.

Ian

London, England
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

I would choose upgrading to a water villa ahead of upgrading the flight.

The WVs and JWVs on Olhuveli are quiet and peaceful.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: upgrade flight v upgrade hotel

You would get 10-12 days at Athuruga or Thudufushi for £4.5k....would beat the other choices hands down (in my opinion).