We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

Having such a hard time deciding on which island, our heads are fried from this and we want to book this soon as we have been looking for months. We are aiming for ten days in August, these resorts are looking good but what is the deciding factor???

Kuramathi- recommended by many travel agents, looking at JWV

Medafushi

Baros

Moofushi

Cocoa Island

Huvafen Fushi

We want:

AI

Romance

Good food

Seclusion

few/no kids

Pool

Nice Beach

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,021 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

to narrow it down a bit ..

if you want few kids ... you need to exclude kuramathi .. its a family friendly island.

seclusion .... baros is next to male and the airport ... i would exclude that as it definitely does not give you any robinson feeling .

London
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

Of those, only Kuramathi has AI, and Baros has only small villa pools.

Price range (big variation in the resorts you have listed)?

If I were to relax one of your criteria, it would be the 'kids' one. Most islands have very few kids anyway (except for a few very kids oriented places like Club Med Kani).

If you want 'no kids', then the place you want is Komandoo. It would fit all of your criteria extremely well...except is has no pool.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

Maafushivaru ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Athuruga ,Thudufushi [no pool ] just a large ocean .

kuramathi is quite a large island .

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

I thought Moofushi was supposed to offer a good AI package?

Ian

Surrey
Level Contributor
114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

Hi Kitty

Your wish is EXACTLY the same as mine and we have just booked Moofushi. I wanted a spa and yoga in addition, otherwise this is why I chose the island.

Romance - absolutely! Both beach and water villas look sublime, pool, beach bar, overwater section of restaurant, overwater spa, hammocks on beach villa. If you want a water villa, and your budget will stretch, the senior ones are HUGE - 90 odd sq m.

Good food - reviews excellent, having one main buffet appeals to me as I am on a restricted diet and need the chefs to work around this for me which I have been told will be no problem. The AI package is very good with all drinks, plus mini bar and many premuim brands. It also includes others stuff too (see their website or brochure details)

Seclusion - the island is large enough to not see anyone much even if at full capacity but small enough to be secluded in parts. Beach villas are very private with vegetation around the terrace.

few/no kids - Although we are going out of UK holidays so suspect very few children if any as the island doesn't actively promote children or activities. August may be different. My bother is going to Kuramathi - they actively encourage kids!

Pool - small but it looks fab, great place to sit and watch the ocean.

Nice Beach - look at their website and the trip advisor customer photos and you cannot fail to be impressed.

Happy choosing! HTH.

ps Booked with Holidays Please (Paula) who I cannot recommend enough, she knows the islands so well, not sure if I can post numbers in here but PM me if you want her email.

Edited: 16 January 2012, 13:56
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,777 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

I'd aim to get an island with seaplane transfer so you are away from the airport and the transfer is a great experience.

If you want to snorkel from the beach then you need a good house reef.

These have good house reefs, sea plane transfer, AI and jacuzzi/water villas available:

Veligandu (very few rooms which allow kids and small island)

Vilamendhoo (supposedly adult only end at the the sunset area where JWV & JBV guests have their restaurant)

Vakarufalhi (not been since the refurb but looks good)

Edited: 16 January 2012, 14:07
7. Re: Cant decide on Honeymoon Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 10:19