We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report Reethi Beach

Marlow, England
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report Reethi Beach

Hi

Havent posted much before but have read posts for advice so just wanted to share info on my honeymoon at reethi beach.

Went via Dubai with Emirates, very impressed with their service and food, flight on time, great entertainment system.

Arrived on 1st Feb for 10 nights, stayed in a water villa and stayed on B&B basis. This worked for us but I knew it would as I am a Vegetarian so food is normally cheaper and also a light weight who can't drink more than 1 cocktail a night! Husband is also not much of a drinker.

On arrival at Male we went to the sea plane and had about a 1 hour wait before going via another island I think coco palm and then onto Reethi Beach. Greeted by Melissa on the boat to take us over to island at Sunset, the plane was staying for the evening so the crew came with us.

We were walked through to reception and given a cold flannel and a coconut before a quick tour of the island and walked over to our villa. On arrival the 1st thing I could think of was how beautiful the island was, it really was paradise.

We stayed in villa 227 which was very nice, clean and we were so happy with it. They had decorated the bed with flowers on arrival, which looked great and must have taken ages to do.

That night we ate in Reethi Grill and I had a dhal mahkani (sp!) which was so amazing and a great introduction to the fab food that we ate the whole time we were there.

Spent our days by the beach, and lunching mostly at the pool bar, Santosh looked after us brilliantly.

In the evenings we ate a few times at Reethi Beach, mostly at Moodhu bar and a couple of times at the main restaurant. I loved the Moodhu bar setting the best.

We also had a meal at Saima Gardens for our honeymoon, and as it was also my Birthday they gave me. Gorgeous Chocolate cake!

We had a couples massage whilst their and also did the Robinson cruisoe trip.

Overall we loved every minute of it. The island has a lovely relaxed vibe and the service by everyone was amazing. We found the prices of everything much more reasonable than we had been warned about for the Maldives, it's not cheap but not really more than I would pay in UK for great food and service.

Our bill including the massage and excursion and other bits brought from the shop still came in under the all inc price, but again I don't drink much so new that would be the case, I also don't eat 3 courses without feeling sick, but for us it was great value and an amazing honeymoon, already saving for another trip in a few years!

Thanks to everyone for invaluable advice, although I didn't post any questions I used the search tool and took advantage of the advice on this forum.

To anyone who is going in the future, you will have the most amazing time!

Laura x

cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Thanks for your report. You have just given me the little Reethi fix I needed until we go June!

Glad you had a great time - it sounds amazing.

Edited: 14 February 2012, 16:57
suffolk
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Laura....sounds like the Reethi we know and love.

Would be good if you could post your comments in review format.

Start saving for your return visit.

John

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Ditto what John said, thanks for posting. Another member of the Reethi Beach fan club :-)

Ian

Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Sounds great! I will be ordering the Dhal Makhani : )

Thanks for the information. Roll on July!

Marlow, England
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Hi John, I've done the review as well now.

Have a great time to those going back this year

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Great to hear...still counting down the days!

cakestin - will be see you there? We are there for first 5 days of July?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Hi Laura

What a great message - although I don't get to post on here very much at the moment, it must be nice for the regulars (and not so regulars!) to get a thankyou for the advice they spend time giving.

I agree with your choice of B&B as it can be easy to panic when told everything is expensive and try to get it wound in on All Inclusive when it isn't always the best thing for all people.

Cheers

Richard from Purely Maldives

Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Jody, we'll miss you by a few days. We get there on the 10th.

We're also going B&B so we can sample different restaurants. Only 20 weeks and 6 days to wait!

chatteris
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

Hi Laura - read your review with great interest.

My sister and I are treating ourselves for our 50th to a visit to reethi beach and we are sooo excited - out on the 24th Jan and it cant come quick enough.

I know it is a 'couples' resort but hoping it can accomodate 2 sisters wanting a once in a life time escape from the husbands!!

9 days.............and counting!!

nottingham
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report Reethi Beach

If it's 24th Jan I'm afraid you've missed your flight!