We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

silver wedding

Scotland
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
silver wedding

Hi all. Been planning to go to maldives since we got married 25 years ago. Finally going feb 2013. Have been looking at a week on YP then a week on an island. from the reviews the YP wont dissapoint. Can anyone recommend a hotel for 2nd week please. Want AI but not sure what island. Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: silver wedding

WelCome mrs mcd.

What do you want from your resort and what is your budget? I am guessing a good house reef if you are on the yp, so want to snorkel? What else? Variety of restaurants,,,good ai, big island, small island, some activity or privacy? Do you want good a la carte food,,do you enjoy a drink or two?

Unfortunately budget dictates a lot in the Maldives, and we all have a limit, so if you state how much you wish to spend and what you are looking for, then people can help you.

People can recommend a resort, as you request, but as they go from 2k a week to 100k a week, and everyone looks for something different, it would be pointless without some further definition. What's important is the recommendation for you, and without more info, that's hard to do.:))

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: silver wedding

Ok, just spotted their is at least three threads asking the same question from the same op. I suggest you close down at least two of them.

Scotland
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: silver wedding

how do i close them

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: silver wedding

Hi

Click on the dropdown Report Inappropriate content

Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: silver wedding

Thanks froggy

Scotland
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: silver wedding

Would like to keep budget to £ 3500 including week on YP. Like good food ( a la carte and good cocktails) included in AI. Like good reef for snorkeling and some watersports i.e canoes. Would like some evening entertainment but not essential. Some activity would be good my husband gets boared easily. Thanks again. Am a novice at this ta stuff

england
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: silver wedding

Hate to mention it but you have closed down the thread with 8 replies and that was the one where people offered you advice. Do not think you can resurrect that thread, so if you want to respond to any suggestions you will have to do so on this thread. Please post what your budget is and what you have in mind and oddly enough someone will be along to help you very soon!

england
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: silver wedding

We have cross posted I think

Scotland
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: silver wedding

That is £3500 each incase you think I have totally lost it. Which I think might have happened lol.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: silver wedding

"Like good food (a la carte and good cocktails) included in AI".

That's a little difficult in the Maldives as normally AI means buffet food, perfectly acceptable buffet food however. There are very few islands that offer a la carte dining either low budget or high budget and of course those that do, don't have the best reefs in the Maldives.....although we still keep looking!

Kuramathi probably offers the best dining with a good selection of restaurants. Reethi Beach has several dining options and is currently trialling a "Reethi Select" AI plan although it isn't being sold or advertised through TO's as yet. Kurumba also has excellent dining but this island will be in stark contrast to the seclusion of the YP being right next door to Male.

All will have acceptable reefs for first timers although I'm not au fait with the YP and it's destinations......it may well be an idea to stay on an island the first week and then YP for the second???

John