We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Maldives

Cape Canaveral...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Maldives

My fiancé and I are looking to have our honeymoon in the Maldives. Having never been to this part of the world I am finding the list of hotels a little bit daunting and all over the place as far as pricing goes.

WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FIND AN ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT and spend anywhere from $800 - $1100 (USD) a night. We have been looking at Lily Beach, but we have just started planning and want to weigh all of the option

Our dream list would include the following from most important to least important***

•Room on stilts over the water with unobstructed views

•Privacy and intimacy

•Good quality food

•A decent reef w/ marine life

•A decent spa

•A private plunge pool or Jacuzzi

•A sea plane transfer (yes I know this is not included in price of room)

•Glass bottom floor (not a necessity but this is a wish list)

•A nice assortment of activities

•Nice beach

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated..

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Adaaran prestige water villas ticks All your boxes.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your marriage:))

Cape Canaveral...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Sorry I am a little confused... Which hotel is AI??

http://www.adaaran.com/

Edited: 03 March 2012, 01:49
Cape Canaveral...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

thanks

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Hi

Have a look at Athuruga. Ticks most of your boxes apart, I think, from the private plunge pool.

OD

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Click on resorts on your link and then it's the last one, prestige water villas.

I think though you have two threads going?

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Lily Beach is definitely better than the others. Stay in a Beach Villa or Lagoon Villa to keep costs down and then upgrade to a Deluxe Water Villa for a few nights! Their Deluxe Water Villas are stunning. Glass floor throughout the entrance hallway, your own pool and jacuzzi and snorkelling right off your deck.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,373 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

athuruga.. would choose it over lily beach any day on all levels . not sure by what criteria travel66 arrives at his judgement . lily beach fills your requirements ... but athuruga is a much more beautiful island with a much better ambiance, less family friendly , more privacy , better reef, better food, better views (without the walls). athuruga wins by miles over lily.

as far as meedhupparu... sorry froggy .. but i just cannot envision spending a honeymoon there. perhaps if i got a really, really ... REALLY good deal and it was not my main vacation for the year...

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Did not suggest meed,,,suggested the water villas, separate resort same island...

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,373 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

um.. yes froggy .. you suggested meedhupparu ... unless the moved the watervilla part , its still on the same island . the island is a huge turn off for me as far as island beauty , snorkeling , ambiance in the shared facilities , snorkeling, diving , etc etc ... the rooms are nice, you get better food and a butler underfoot .. but you are still on meedhupparu.

with so many gorgeous and romantic, intimate islands to choose from.. i really couldn't see spending such a memorable vacation on meedhupparu - no matter which side of the fence . sorry, froggy .. no disrespect intended.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

No worries, each to their own:))

For me. I liked the quality of the water villas, but also the fact it was part of a bigger island for variety and primarily space, butnwith a small secluded feel. ,,,but I know others prefer the whole small island feel only.. But to be fair I would not stay again on the main meed resort..and we will try somewhere different next time.