My name is Sneha and I from India. I am planing a honeymoon trip with my husband to Maldives. Being in India, we are not going to Maldives for the warm climate but to have some privacy and enjoy the water. I have seen many reviews and read many forums and the result - sheer confusion! Therefore, I thought better to ask a question in the forum.
This is our first time in Maldives and we want to spend some memorable time there. Our total budget is around 7000USD inclusive for:
- a weeks stay
- few water rides (jet ski, snorkelling, sunset/dolphin cruise) or anything that does not require swimming.
- candlelight dinner or private island dinner
- including the food expenses
And yes, drinks are not required at all so that is not a requirement.
1) A secluded island with lots of privacy (such that the music from our room does not go to the other rooms) and good view.
2) We prefer a beach villa with private pool and good view of the ocean (for obvious reasons.)
3) I am not a hard core non veggie so I would prefer good veggie or Indian menu. Although, I am open to Egg and chicken menus as well.
4) A resort with few musical/entertainment nights
I would like to know the following:
1) Is it mandatory to know swimming? I have done snorkelling before in Malaysia and do know basic swimming.
2) What is the best time to go to the Maldives?
3) The best island/resort within out budget and requirement.
4) The Maldives visa is on entry?
All the replies will be greatly appreciated.