We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Being a bit sad!

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Being a bit sad!

I was looking at a plane tracking site a few days ago http://www.flightradar24.com which shows air traffic in a lot of places around the world, usually large commercial jets. For some reason it now also shows Maldivian Air Taxi seaplanes and you can zoom in to see what island they are heading to. For obvious reasons it's only worth looking at when it is daylight in the Maldives and wont work for TMA planes.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,278 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Being a bit sad!

Come on Gengy there are plenty of trains for you to spot in the big smoke lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Being a bit sad!

No gengy no.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,902 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Being a bit sad!

Brilliant Gengy! Been looking for that site ever since I saw someone watching it in the library.

Yet something else to prevent me from getting the housework done! Bit scarey looking at Europe - it's all planes.

During the ash cloud incident it was bliss here, sandwiched between 3 airports suddenly our skies went blue, a quietness we hadn't missed settled and the sea went calm.

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Being a bit sad!

It was a very distressing website during the ash cloud seeing as our flight got cancelled! But it was also very quiet as we live under the Heathrow flight path.

Edited: 10 March 2012, 16:49
Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Being a bit sad!

Hi Gengy

Wow - that site is so interesting.

Honestly I am not being sarcastic - it is the sort of thing I will leave running on my desktop and only glance at around 60 times a day !

Brilliant find - thanks.

Richard from PurelyMaldives

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,118 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Being a bit sad!

good site even better is you can down load the app for your iphone or Ipad, now that would be fun tracking your flight home in the maldives LOL

sg

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Being a bit sad!

Just remember to go there first thing tomorrow and watch the seaplanes!

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Being a bit sad!

What an amazing site gengy, but then I still marvel at the wonders of the telephone!!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Being a bit sad!

No,no, no you cant sit and track flights....what's next ,,,watching luggage carousels? Webcam at kuredu?

Only Richard is excused as he is a travel agent!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Being a bit sad!

Froggy you spoilsport.....This is great for acute Maldivesitis sufferers!! I just got the app!

Cheers Gengy!

:-)

Ian

Edited: 10 March 2012, 18:44