We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water villa AI for £5000

Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Water villa AI for £5000

Hi there,

We are planning our honeymoon for April 2013 and have always dreamed of having a water villa in the Maldives. Looking at pricing it seems a bit out of reach. Can anyone suggest any islands which would be within budget?

Thanks in advance

Dubai, United Arab...
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

you have not seen how many days you will be staying? I have stayed at the constance halaveli water villa and it was perfect.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

Hi

To be perfectly honest I think you are going to struggle. April is still in the high season and therefore expensive. Water villas add to the cost, as does All Inclusive.

I've just had a look at the First Choice website and although there are offerings for 2 weeks in April 2013 within your budget, they are all in the lowest category of room. If you add in the cost of a water villa, then everything is over your budget.

Have you considered going in May? Prices drop a lot and the weather in early May generally isn't too bad.

OD

Edited: 10 April 2012, 10:11
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

Hi both, thanks for your response. We wanted to go for 2 weeks. Unfortunately I can't get time off work n May so that's a no go.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

I was assuming that your £5k budget included flights. Was this correct?

OD

Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

Hiya, yes it was to include flights.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

I think Fihalhohi would come in under that, but it isn't an AI island, either HB or FB.

Is AI a real necessity?

Mentioned in this post
Fihalhohi Island
Fihalhohi Island
South Male Atoll
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

I've heard it's quite expensive when you are there so thought AI would be best

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

AI does sometimes work out more expensive, depending entirely on how much you are planning on drinking. And it's not just alcohol; bottled water and soft drinks can quickly cost a fair bit of money. One of the big benefits of AI is that it avoids large room bills when you check out at the end of your holiday.

OD

Scotland
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

Have a look at Reethi beach. We are going AI in a water villa there. We booked through First Choice shop who booked Hayes and Jarvis. We did have to drop down to 11 days but we thought we would rather have less days on a better island in a WV AI that 14 days on a lesser island in a lesser grade room

Mentioned in this post
Reethi Beach Resort
Reethi Beach Resort
2,142 Reviews
Baa Atoll
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Water villa AI for £5000

Thanks all for your help. I think Meeru and reethi could be within budget.

Mentioned in this post
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
7,030 Reviews
Meerufenfushi
Reethi Beach Resort
Reethi Beach Resort
2,142 Reviews
Baa Atoll