We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

We are looking for a beach villa with a good sized pool to swim a few strokes in without having to upgrade to a huge villa with a matching price tag..Does anyone have any ideas?.

We are also struggeling to find islands/resorts that have twin beds as it is a holiday for my sister and I

Many thanks

London
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Soneva Fushi's Jungle Reserve Villa's pool (15m x10). Runner up - Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru’s Royal Beach Villa (113 sq/m).

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
576 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Slightly less pricey but still lovely Angsana Velavaru beach pool villa, good size pool, certainly manage a few strokes and then if you wanted to upgrade to an Inocean Villa for a few nights as they have an even bigger pool!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Hi

If you want twin beds ask for the resort to put them in the room

Regards

Doug

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Hello Chrissy

I think it may be easier for people to match you to a resort if you could offer budget; date of travel and duration.

You should then get some suggestions focused on islands which are going to be closely tuned to what you need.

Thanks - and hope to chat soon

Richard from PurelyMaldives

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Island Hideaway also has some pretty large private infinity pools.

John

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Thanks for all your replies,with 160 resorts/islands listed like most people it is going to take me a while and I am torn between several already,can't get everything we want on one island so I guess we need to start deciding which things are most important to us and maybe compromise on others,all your advice is greatly appreciated.

We just love Anantara Kihavah for its underwater restaurant and glass floor panals in the water villa,downside I emailed them and they do not do twin beds but we still fancy this for a few days with a few days at a beach villa somewhere else (if that is possible)

Main problem is finding a beach villa with twin beds,good sized pool,with safe calm swimming from the beach ,(what the water is like for swimming at these resorts is something that is not written about much in terms of how deep or how it shelves).and a few day time activities like yoga cycling etc.

I love the look and layout of One and Only and it ticks alot of boxes,like twin beds and great beach but is it the real maldives?,Does that matter? and we still don't have a big pool.

I know the pool is big at Four Seasons but I have doubts about the food,not sure about the waters either

I like Sovena Fushi but maybe abit too rustic for my sister,I have done similar places in Africa which I enjoyed,is it me or does the water look rougher there?

As you can see we have a way to go!

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

I'll plug IH again.....I promise I'm not getting paid for doing so!!!! But it does seem to manage to tick a lot of your boxes.

Several villa types have either two bedrooms or a guest bed in a separate room. It is a typical Maldivian island albeit very large. Not too flashy. Plenty of wide open expanses of beach, safe calm waters, although the water can be rough anywhere at times if the weather is bad.

Food we found excellent.

As to splitting your time between two islands; you will usually need a trip back to Male and out again taking up best part of a day unless you pick two close-by islands.

John

Surrey
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

IH is amazing and my favourite resort of the three I have been to. But the infinity pool at the Dhonakuli residence was little more than a plunge pool, but I believe some of the villas have larger pools. I am at Dusit Thani now. The Residence Villa has a great pool about 12 m long about 5m wide I guess. I believe it has three bedrooms so I am sure a twin bed is not an issue. The food though expensive is fantastic. The main pool is the biggest in the Maldives so perfect for proper swimming. The lagoon is also enormous and very very calm. Outside the lagoon the house reef runs perfectly around the entire island. It could suit you so maybe you should check it out.

Surrey
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Sorry ... I meant the villa pool at the Dhonakhuli residence ... Not the infinity pool.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which resort/island has the biggest private pool?

Thanks everyone,please feel free to add anymore ideas!.I am having a look at Island Hideaway,very nice ticks alot of boxes as you say.The link posted up for complete maldives is very helpful too,thanks everyone