We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

hello everybody, planning a trip to paradise in december.

went to the maldives 5 years ago, stayed at royal island resort and thought it was wonderful.now planning a second and maybe last trip and want to get the choice spot on.

just dont know which island to pick.we are looking for ....

no sea wall, no beach erosion, no boat trip to house reef.great snorkeling and want to be able to walk all round the island.Budget is about 7000 pounds for 2 weeks.

any suggestions?

thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

Have a look at Angaga, small natural island with good house reef and beautiful beaches. Not particularly luxurious but my second favourite island so far - Vakarufalhi was my tops but that's had a refurb since I went so don't know how it's changed.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

Hello

Does your budget include international flights ?

The dates you want to be on the island are also important as December has a distinct price split between the rate that runs from 1st November to around 18th or 22nd December - and then the rate running through Christmas and the New Year.

Cheers

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

thanks for the prompt reply. it will be about 28 nov-12dec,could stretch another 1000 to include all flights.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

Robinson Club has everything you mention.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

Okay

I've just conducted a search taking into account your budget and need for snorkeling and nil sea walls - this returns 40 island choices. Do you have any other search parameters which might limit the number of islands such as seaplane transfer; All Inclusive; Water Villa; swimming pool etc ?

I agree with Turquoise's suggestion - Robinson is a great and often overlooked island - but availability fro December is already becoming tight.

Thanks

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

Perhaps Angsana Ihuru would be worth a look...

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

40 islands!!!! gosh. water bungalows are not a priority. sea plane transfer would be prefered . all inclusive would be great or at least full board.

just want a romantic place with stunning beaches.detached beach villa,not rooms in blocks. i know all islands are beautiful but some are not what we looking for for eg ...kurumba, kuradu.bandos,.

we are looking at.... angaga,athurgau.,mirihi and angsana ihuru.

sorry if i seem so fussy, i just want my wife and i to have a very special time without the kids.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

Hello Jason

I have taken your comment for seaplane as a requisite to cut the numbers :-

Reethi Beach

Kuredu (some walls)

Helengeli

Coco Palm Dhunikolhu

Hilton Irufushi

Centara Grand (some walls)

Lily Beach (some walls)

Zitahli Kuda Funafaru

Velidhu (some walls)

Angsana Velavaru

Vilamendhoo

Thudufushi

Filitheyo

Angaga

Nika

Veligandhu

Vilu Reef (some walls)

Vakarufalhi (some walls)

Madoogali

Athuruga

Mirihi

As you have stated seaplane is preferable I am not sure why you are looking at Ihuru - but appreciate it is a great island.

Good luck with your decision making

Thanks

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

"and want to be able to walk all round the island"

Do you mean right around the perimeter, on the sand? This is important to me too and that's why I mentioned Robinson Club. Filitheyo (although a good choice) is one that you can't do this, so may narrow it down a bit.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 2nd trip to paradise. but where?.

Ahh yes - sorry, a few too many variables involved with the requirements.

If a full circuit is required then this will also exclude Helengeli and Zitahli KF.

Thanks

Richard