We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overwater villa with NO coral please!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Overwater villa with NO coral please!

I just got back from Anantara Kihavah for my honeymoon in the overwater villa. It was AMAZING, the pool was huge! Love everything, exept that theres coral right infront of the direct access into the lagoon from our steps! I want a villa with beautiful soft sand so I can actually step onto it, not having to be careful I don't cut my feet on a coral! HELP!

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overwater villa with NO coral please!

dont step on the coral, your feet will heal faster than the coral...

cant help with the request as it is the total opposite of what I would want..

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overwater villa with NO coral please!

Hi

I'm assuming you mean dead coral which you 're always likely to get away from the beach just wear beach shoes or have a beach bungalow

Regards

Doug

London
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overwater villa with NO coral please!

Esprit - I think OP is what you want...she is afraid on stepping on coral and therefore she is looking for a place far away from any coral and any chances of stepping on it which should suit you fine.

Suzan - There are only a couple of resorts where the water villas are situated very near to live coral croppings. Most are located in big sandy lagoons. I see that Kihavah straddles a line of croppings, but most of the water villas are also on similar sandy base.

I would recommend that you simply check out the aerial shot of the resort prior to booking and make sure that the water villas are in a sandy area (light blue, not dark). That said, even the sandy lagoons will have lots of broken coral pieces which will still hurt your feet if you step on them. You should wear something like 'aqua socks' to protect your feet. If you do, as Esprit alerts, then don't go anywhere near living coral (if you step on them you will hurt them).

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Galway
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Overwater villa with NO coral please!

Constance Moofushi, Senior water villas is what you looking for.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overwater villa with NO coral please!

The dead coral gets everywhere - that's just the Maldives. One part of the sea-bed may be pure sand one day and the next a few stray hard coral strands will have been swept onto it, especially after rain. If this doesn't happen, it'd be because the nearest reef is miles and miles away...don't think anyone would want that!

Edited: 03 May 2012, 23:31
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overwater villa with NO coral please!

I have been to Bora Bora a year ago, before going to the Maldives, and it was pure sand all around the water villas. It was amazing! Then for those who wanted to snorkel, there's Corel reefs BEHIND the villa. Just wish Maldives would have something like this. Regardless, Malduves is amazing!

7. Re: Overwater villa with NO coral please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:41