We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

As per my other thread we are down to 3 resorts,Kurumba,Lux and Robinson,all 3 have much to offer but one of our main criteria is that we have a private pool and that it is big enough to swim a few strokes. Although our budget is approx £8,000 we are finding that the pools within this range are a bit smaller than we would like.Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

Kurumba's Pool Villas and Presidential Villa have pretty good sized pools and should fit into your rate.

Also, Kuredu's Sultan Pool Villas should come it within that budget I think.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

Island Hideaway's Jasmine Garden Villas have a decent size pool and I suspect would come in budget for 10 days although I cannot find anyone that's quoting prices as yet?? I think they are refurbing next year (not that i think it needs it) but I thought it was later in the year.

However, they don't do AI and there is only two restaurants.

Chrissy, Kurumbas looking good! Kuredu's snorkelling will not be as good and the restaurants are restrictive according to room type.

John

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

No offence, but why? Both the Islands we've been to have huge size pools - the Indian Ocean! Never, ever get round to using the pool because of this. It's as warm as a bath and better than any pool. Just my opinion, you understand

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

Hi

Why bother to go all the way to the Maldives for a pool save your money go anywhere even your local baths or Dubai or Greece or Spain

Regards

Doug

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

Thanks for all your replies

I was all set to book Lux until they emailed back the pool size (2.3m x 3.8m),shame we really liked this.

Kurumba pools are bigger and this may be the one in the end.

Island Hideaway we did look at this,great pools but then we found out they are expanding the resort by building alot of water villas and the work may still be underway when we travel.

As for wanting a private pool,its just something that is important to us like another criteria will be important to someone else.

Thanks

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

Hi Chrissy - I am glad your search is beginning to reach its' conclusion.

Bonters and Doug - I respect both of your posts normally, but think you should consider that possibly the Original Poster has a special reason or need for requesting a private swimming pool. I do however agree that swimming in the Indian Ocean is more preferable if the individuals have access etc.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Surrey
Level Contributor
370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

Hi - have you looked at the island villas on Coco Palm Bodu Hithi? - can't recall the exact size of private pool in back garden. but we thought it was quite big.

We have stayed there twice - one of the best villas in Maldives that we have ever had..

Mal

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

All water villas of Angsana Velavaru have fuge private pool. This is my YouTube HP. This is sunctuary room, but others are same size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySYJKKsWw74

The Escape Water Residence Coco Palm Bodu Hithi has large private pool too, but a little hi priced.

www.youtube.com/watch…

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

Hi Chrissy,

Have a look at Zitahli Kudafunfaru the super deluxe villas all have huge pools and the island is fab.

Suzanne.

10. Re: Anyone know a resort with good sized private pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:42