We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On Maaf now!

cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
On Maaf now!

I'm so sad to report that.....I have become an iPad widow......even on this beautiful island that is Maafushivaru.

We arrived yesterday from Vilamendhoo by speed boat which was a great experience and was arranged by Vilamendhoo so we didn't have to go back to Male. Totally unexpected and saved us loads of time....thanks to Patrick.

Maaf is .....well I'm kind of speechless....I think all we said all day yesterday was wow, amazing, wow.

It is so relaxing, I have never experienced such a slow pace of life. I am struggling to put it in words.

The rooms are fantastic, spacious, light and bright with in door and out door showers which is great.

We are in room 121 which seems to the one everyone wants as it is so private and shares the beach with one other villa.

They have been pumping sand onto that bit today but it is not as bad as it sounds as we have been looking through it all and found some amazing shells that we have left for the hermies.

We have had some little tiny jelly fish with long tentacles washed up this morning that looked like they would hurt but none managed to get us in the water.

I know.....the weather....well it's really hot...rained a couple of times last week through the day for maybe an hour or so and one great thine storm about 3pm on Thursday but it really has been great.

It rained last night at about 2 am for a couple of hours and then a bit this morning at around 6am but nothing major.

Anyway going to disappear the other iPad and get some serious snorkelling done....oh and work our way through the brilliant AI cocktail list later!

Freya

Mentioned in this post
Maafushivaru
Maafushivaru
827 Reviews
Southern Ari Atoll
Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa
Vilamendhoo Island...
3,733 Reviews
Vilamendhoo
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,149 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On Maaf now!

Glad you are having a great time Freya and can't wait to see the pictures

and yes Ipads are addictive LOL

We will not say anything about the weather here except "flaming " June it is not!!!

Sg

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On Maaf now!

Hi Freya

Hows the Spa renovations affecting things?

Paul

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On Maaf now!

Hi Freya

Glad you are having a great time. It is cold and very wet here!.

OD

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: On Maaf now!

Say Hi to Aminul head bar man from us ,,,,,, Julie & David

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,757 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On Maaf now!

wasso....that's not the same Aminul (Anumal??) that was on Vila pre-refurb is it?

Freya, perhaps you can ask??

John

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: On Maaf now!

John , don't think so his name is spelt Aminul and has been on Maff a good few years .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: On Maaf now!

I bet you're so glad Kuoni swapped you to Maaf now :) Enjoy

Edited: 11 June 2012, 19:29
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: On Maaf now!

Have fun:)) back away from the iPad,,,you can play with it at home!

cumbria
Level Contributor
392 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: On Maaf now!

Hi again

We are really enjoying Maaf. The spa renovations are not very noisy really. They are not hammering at all and all the wood seems to be pre-cut so not a problem.

Had a great storm last night so we sat on the coffee bar deck waiting for the rain to arrive and watched the lightening and shooting stars...amazing

Wasso ...will pass ur message on when I see animul.

The island is only 70% full so it is quiet....majority of people are on last minute or special offers.

Bye for now.

Freya

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: On Maaf now!

I'm not jealous....not at all.....not in the slightest!