We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
105 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

We are going to Maldives with Kuoni UK, and have no idea which meal plan to choose from. We are not really into alcohol and it could be skip for at least a week or two, and wondering does Breakfast, lunch and dinner good enough for us ?

What are the differences of All inclusive, full board ? Does Breakfast, lunch and dinner include drink(water, juice etc) as well ?

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

Hi

You haven't said where you are going and A! varies on different islands. However full board is just breakfast lunch and dinner not water juice etc. Personally I think it;s too much food and extra time wasted with lunch always go half board a stoked up full english breakfast and dinner

Regards

Doug

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

Doug ... a lot of nationalities ... um.. well... almost all don't eat like the english in the morning :)

i'd be sick all day if i loaded all that grease into myself first thing .. no breakfast for me. but by lunchtime, after the first dive or two , i am ready for something light.

in most places, full board means breakfast plus coffee and juice , lunch and dinner - no drinks with these.

AI includes drinks.

3. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2012, 20:05
4. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

5. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

Hi Spammie

Are you sure you're an American? All the breakfast goodies except possibly the eggs are grilled on all the Maldives resorts I've been to so no nasty grease- I haven't taught them to do fried bread yet-Actually I don't eat breakfast at all at home nor make a big thing out of lunch just a sandwich then an evening meal.I just find lunch in the Maldives a time waster

Regards

Doug

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

Hi

On Angaga last year we went Half board Plus. This was essentially All Inclusive without lunch. This suited us very well as it avoided my tendency to over eat because it is paid for. lol!

Don't know of any other islands that do HB+

OD

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

I'm another plumping for the full English....need some calories to keep me going on my epic snorkeling session!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

I go for the healthy option....

Full english followed by a load of nice fresh fruit :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,303 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Full board or Breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

We also revert to stereotypes - rye bread and cheese for me, porridge for hubby

Oh and fresh fruit for both