We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good News and help needs

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Good News and help needs

Well me and the OH have managed to get 1 week off together in September so I/we have decided to go back to the Maldives

Now we have decided on Reethi and Filitheyo(both have rooms for our dates) and we'd be happy at either so the island not the problems the flights are.

I live in Birmingham but the flights from here are over £600 more then flying from London.

Birmingham flights are Emirates and London is Qatar.

I was looking to book with Hayes and Javis but they only have the 8.35am inbound flights and outbound at 11pm! for both islands otherwise if I book with Virgin to Filitheyo I get the 8.35am flights and 10am back out.

Kuoni have the good flight times from Birmingham but I am not paying those prices!

The other option is London which is fine with Reethi because if the low price but the connection time back home is 45 mins!

Just worried with that because we have to be back at work on Monday morning and cannot afford to miss the connection as when we get back into London we need to get back to Birmingham.

Just to give you an idea of price

Birmingham (Filitheyo HB) 3189

London (Reethi BB Delux) 2390

Can you see why I want to try for the 45 min connection :)

HELP!

PS it was meant to be Good news and help needed - stupid fingers!

Edited: 21 July 2012, 16:29
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good News and help needs

I'm sure that if your return flight lands on time in Doha then the 45 minute connecting flight will not be a problem. However, if you do get any delays then you might struggle.

OD

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good News and help needs

What is the price difference with emirates from Manchester ,,x3 flights a day to Dubai morning ,noon & night

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good News and help needs

Either Emirates are very expensive at the moment or the other carriers are discounting heavily, we were quoted nearly £800 more for flying Emirates rather than Etihad, from Manchester for next April, same dates and everything.. Transfer times are similar although the actual flight times aren't ideal. Still a heck of a difference though!

Ian

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good News and help needs

Thanks.

I cannot even find any flights from Manchester to Male with Emirates only Eithad and again the times are not great.

My OH going to try and get the Monday off to we change the inbound flight to London that arrives at 10pm. Connection time is much better.

Just hope he can get the time off before availability is gone.

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good News and help needs

Manchester to Dubai @ 14:10 , Dubai male 03:45 , arrive Male 08;30 ,,,@2.5 hrs at Dubai ,,,,, home leave Male 10;00 , land Manchester @ 19;00 again @2hrs stop over .......

Not noticed a big difference on kuoni site for etihad v emirates !! well not £800 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will go and check .....

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good News and help needs

The best times Emirates Manchester flights are EK18 from Man, which leaves at 14:00, arrives Dubai around midnight (Dxb time), then Ek658 which leaves dubai around 3am and arrives Male around 08:30. Return flights are ek659 (leaves approx 10am), then ek19, which gets to Man about 19:30 ish. They run daily unless the schedule has changed recently.

The Etihad flights we've booked are ey022 (dep Man 21:05 arr Abu Dhabi 07:30), ey278 (dep 09:20 arr Male 14:40), and return ey279 (dep Mle 20:40 arr Abu Dhabi 23:55) and ey15 (dep 02:30, arr Man 07:25).

As mentioned the Etihad flight times aren't ideal, but the Emirates ones aint worth £800 more!

Hope you manage to get your flights sorted!

Ian

Edit: you beat me to it there wasso!

Edited: 21 July 2012, 19:23
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good News and help needs

Thanks for check those flights out. I was using Hayes and javis and the Manchester flights were not showing :(

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good News and help needs

They don't show on their website, but if you phone them they'll give you the option....and beat the online price :-)

I was referring to H&J when mentioning Emirates vs Etihad. Prices do vary a lot dependingon when you travel though so what applied for my datesmay not be the same for yours...

Ian

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Good News and help needs

Ian

Will check etihad and if they are £800 less we could be going back next year as you say even good flights and the A380 are not worth it ..

What aircraft are etihad using ?? do you know ??

David

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good News and help needs

A330 or 777-300 to Abu Dhabi, A320 to Male....A320's not much bigger than a seaplane is it? Lol.

Just to add though David, about 3 days after our planned departure Emirates prices dropped significantly ( we wanted April 4th, and I think they dropped from 7th). Problem was we were stuck with our dates....

Ian