We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which room

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
which room

Can anyone recommend which number most basic standard room on Chaaya ellaihoo?. Dont aim to spend much time in it, so not too fussed about view. but any help appreciated

thanks

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which room

http://www.chaayamaldivesforum.co.uk/emap.htm

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which room

got it, thanks

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which room

BB

We stayed on Ellaidhoo earlier this year but in a superior room. Having walked around where the garden rooms are located I would try to aim for one that is not situated directly behind the watervilla restaurant and bar ( ie not 101 - 106) - personal choice though.

H

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which room

yes have looked on plans and 113 looks best bet. will email and chase it up

thanks again

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which room

I didn't know which ones to suggest, we stayed in a WV. But I remember thinking the ones Heather is advising against (haha) were quite good as near the quieter bar (to nip back with a drink), pool, best bit of beach and good exit point for snorkelling, they also had a partial sea view from what I remember. The garden rooms are not much different from the other rooms, just a bit darker and the island is small so everything is close.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which room

have looked at Island plan on Maldives complete site . picked one that appeared to be betwen a bit of a gap and furthest from bar/restaurant.

Spend little time in room so not too fussed. Apparently getting sun bed can be tricky if not on beach front. So will have to take " wicked wedge" for OH! just in case :)

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which room

When we were there they had plenty of extra sunbeds by the pool you could drag onto the beach. We went Feb/march (so full) and stayed in a WV so did not have our own bit of beach and never had a problem getting a sunlounger for the beach.

"wicked wedge"? sounds painful.

If Anthony is still by the pool he'll sort you out, fantastic chap!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which room

The reason we thought rooms 101-106 wouldn't suit us is that, although they are quite near the WV bar, they are also behind the WV kitchen with a fair amount of coming and going, extractors, heat and smells etc. Also when we were there in March neither bar was particularly quiet, both played music every night. Just personal preference.

As T23 says there were plenty of sunbeds at the pool if there are none dedicated to the garden rooms. I thought there might have been dedicated ones because the lack of outside space would mean any garden room beds would have to share the small beach area and therefore be a target for others to occupy - assumption I'm afraid as I didn't walk around checking and I thought someone had said as much in a review. Certainly the BVs have dedicated beds and parasols. The superior rooms did not but there were generally plenty to go round.

'Wicked wedge'????

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which room

wicked wedge google it :)

10. Re: which room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 17:16