We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agoda -is it just me again?

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Agoda -is it just me again?

I have noticed recently that when I close this page that somehow or another without me telling my computer to do it, Agoda's page for Maldives resorts has opened behind in a mini window. I find this incredibly intrusive and wrong on so many levels. Anyone else notice this? If so, have you managed to stop it happening and if so (again) how? I haven't devoted any time to checking my settings but wonder if any of you are similarly plagued.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

I get it occasionally. I think it's when I've had the mouse somewhere near the 'See Hotels' thing at the top (I've just noticed that Agoda is ticked as wanting me to look at them - I've never ticked the box so it must be a default). I've always assumed that I've perhaps inadvertently clicked on the button. Now going to uncheck the boxes and see if that makes a difference.

SL

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

Sorry Onon no issues here, I didn't think TA had any sort of pop ups, are you running IE or FF?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

I've given up using TA on my pc these days. There always seems to be something - either a "pop under" or a stupid advert in the moddle of the posts that sometimes hangs the browser.

Using the ipad seems to save all the hassle!

Ian

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

Jody - safari

icn - if you are using an ipad then I should get the same results as you as I am on an iMac

Sunlover will check as I think that you might be correct.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

Not sure 0n0n, never used an imac. I think the safari browser on the ipad is a cut down version though, and doesn't support certain things. Hardly ever get pop ups from websites.

I'm still trying to work out what a moddle is from my last post..... :-)

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

A moddle is a combination of a middle and a muddle -or at least I think it is!

Lebanon
Level Contributor
242 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

No issues with me on either iPad or pc, but I have popup blocker activated for all sites on my pc. If you do the same you should be okay.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

Yes, Its definately me, have not understood a single post on this thread. Im glad to say :)

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

I have pop up blocker installed. It does not do it on my Macbook. Just on iMac. It happens if I look at a resort. I must be clicking on something I think but do not notice myself doing it?

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
558 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agoda -is it just me again?

I usually get a TA pop up when first opening the website, I have occasionally had an Agoda one but can't remember if I hovered over anything with the cursor first.