We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 15:59
Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
6 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

Don't know if you remember the utter chaos when the last Centara resort opened, but things got really quite nasty. On that basis personally I would stay well clear until it's been open at least 6 months. Actually on that basis I resolved to never go near a Centara property anywhere, but that's just me.

As long as you are aware of the potential problems and happy to put up with them should they occur, or possibly be re-located at the last minute to somewhere else, go for it!

Ian

Edited: 23 August 2012, 19:45
Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
40 reviews
403 helpful votes
2. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

Actually I noticed this island at the weekend myself in the Hayes & Jarvis brochure and was going to post something about it.

It is the old Giravaru! The first island we went to back in 2001.

It used to have under 50 rooms now there are 140? It is a very small island, with a very large lagoon. I can't really comment on the snorkelling as we were novices then but there is a bit of house reef you can swim to. I see in the brochure it is 4 star while online 5star. I see from the photos that some exisiting buildings may have been used? As I recognise the shape of the restaurant. This island has been closed for years. I remember the most disappointing factor (and this was before tripadvisor) was finding the island had views of Rubbish and industrial islands.

T23

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
40 reviews
403 helpful votes
3. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

Further to my previous message. I find it hard to think how they could fit 140 rooms on such a small island, I know most will be watervillas but when we went the island was pretty full, we even table shared and some of the bar area coffee shop was already on stilts? Also the sand does not go right around the island. At the time we went the staff area was at one end. it is possible,I suppose that there is a lot more over the water now ie restaurants and the staff quarters removed?

It will be interesting to find out.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
55 helpful votes
4. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

If that's the case t23 it must be predominantly water villas, which seems to be a trick many small islands resort to, leaving the actual island free for just things like restaurant, gym, bar,spa and reception.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
62 reviews
222 helpful votes
5. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

According to a press release on the Centara website, it is supposed to be opening later this year. however, as Ian says above, I would give it a very wide birth after opening to allow all the teething problems to be sorted out.

www.centarahotelsresorts.com/newsdetail.asp…

OD

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
62 reviews
222 helpful votes
6. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

Looks like it has 30 beach villas and 110 water villas.

centarahotelsresorts.com/crf/….UDaC_KCQM1c

OD

Edited: 23 August 2012, 20:27
Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
40 reviews
403 helpful votes
7. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

I am not so sure. I think if you are not fussed about getting bumped off maybe book the lowest priced room during a soft opening and the the worst that can happen is you get bumped somewhere better. I remember a friend of mine booking somewhere and I can't remember where (maybe hudhranfushi) paid something like £4k for two weeks and got bumped to the new Lily beach AI. I think I priced it up at the time she saved about £7k.

I would take the chance, but not on a honeymoon or special trip and only if I got a bargain to start with.

england
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
22 reviews
78 helpful votes
8. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

It troubles me that images are to follow.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
24 reviews
41 helpful votes
9. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

i might book it for a good price since its pretty sure that you won't end up there .. then push for a nice island at a sweet deal price.

i do remember giravaru as very grim ... i cannot imagine 140 villas there . it must look worse than centara grand .. tourist factory

Edited: 23 August 2012, 20:45
Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
40 reviews
403 helpful votes
10. Re: Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa?

"It troubles me that images are to follow."

OnOn ?