We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Which would people recommend over the two of these islands. I know that these resorts are not top-notch however my friends have a budget and if it's a choice out of these two which would people recommend? Also we have stayed at Adaaran Select Meedhupparu a year ago and we had a fantastic time there, we wanted to just try a different island. If people think we should give Meedhupparu another try instead of the other two please say.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Fihalhohi is full board and there is the issue of table-sharing. What about Biyadhoo? That would fit into your budget and would be my choice over the three you mention.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Biya will be closed Xarla....I 2nd/3rd Fiha.

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

It will indeed - I wasn't thinking. Eriyadu or Embudu, then.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Or Vilamendhoo or Angaga, if you want to try better snorkelling 20 metres from your room.

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
276 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Fiha table sharing should not be a problem, OP said she was going with friends. Rooms will be more basic than the Adaarans though.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Vilamendho and Angaga invariably come out at a higher price.

Sometimes although people are offering suggestions which I am sure they are trying to be helpful, it probably would help if they just answered the question asked!

Edited: 14 September 2012, 16:10
Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

What on earth would be the point in saying neither.....and not offering alternatives?

Maybe the OP would be grateful for the information.......

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Part of the OPs question was ".. we want to try a different Island..." my interpretation was, the poster, feels some responsibility for advising friends within their budget, and was reaching out for a bit of guidance, so discussion around that budget, especially as they've only been to Meed', and suggestions of other options, is highly relevant and useful.

Its all helpful surely?

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

The whole point of this forum Jody is to answer questions as well as offer 'ones' own advice.

Unfortunately people are too judgemental over the OP'S question, it is their choice of atoll for whatever reason.

Yes, offer advise, but it would be good to answer the question as well.

I am now making decisions about my next Maldives/ Kerala hol but I really feel uncomfortable asking questions on this forum as there are 2 persons in particular who tend to ridicule your choice!

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

How would you answer the question then Diana?

John