We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Which would people recommend over the two of these islands. I know that these resorts are not top-notch however my friends have a budget and if it's a choice out of these two which would people recommend? Also we have stayed at Adaaran Select Meedhupparu a year ago and we had a fantastic time there, we wanted to just try a different island. If people think we should give Meedhupparu another try instead of the other two please say.

Thanks

Level Contributor
1,608 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

sammyann, I'm not sure I agree. I am such a resort snob I probably would rather go to a posh hotel in Southend (never been, which is why I say probably) than a low grade resort in the Maldives as I would just feel miserable if food poor, reef poor,sheets not high thread count (sad I know, but afraid to say stuff like this bothers me, can't help it).

What isn't right is to make others look small because they don't have the choice of anywhere other than the more budget islands.

We have to accept different things are important to different people, holidays to "posh" places is my "thing". I am not a snob (I hope) about other things,(apart from Tesco).

In some ways those who can enjoy holidays in the more budget resorts are lucky, my resort snobbery has been seriously damaging my bank balance recently. I just know I wouldn't enjoy a budget island, i don't have a problem that others do, good for them!

Now looking for tin hat, or, MissF, did you bring back that suit of armour from Reethi?

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

You and your opinions PM

!!! LOL

John

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Patches Mum . I am right on to researching " Best southend hotel for Reef and food" IF you come across one that serves better grub than the excellent club Faru with turtles playing in the seagrass and brightly coloured lobsters scuttling up and down the walls please share :))

New Romney, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

patchesmum, i also like posh hotels, maldives is the only place i will consider not going 5 star, because my credit card won't stretch that far. we all have our thing, my oh has to have a decent reef or he'll sulk, i like decent food and wine! maldivitis is a dangerous disease and most people who have never been consider me a snob for going at all!

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,469 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

PM - you see you can do it after all lol ;-)

Far from being seen as a snob for going to the Maldives....my hubby was accused of being boring at work yesterday - because we always go to the same place on holiday ("don't you ever want to go anywhere else!!").....

We'll actually we have been to other places but for a chill out holiday it has to be the Maldives if at all possible. Even for a ~1 week break I can sometimes twist his arm to go to the Maldives rather than the (short haul) Red Sea lol. ;-)

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,469 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

Sorry had to post again - don't like being 666 lol.

Anyway while we're doing home truths this morning I thought a thread on "your worst weather experience" is due.....

Level Contributor
1,608 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

yes bucklebugs but what about the thread count??

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

P'smum, yes he is safely back but regrets his halberd was not much use for spearing fish. His helmet however is available for any damsel in distress

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

with my 5 star body slap, on my 5 star bod', I glide off any surface I come into contact with, Isnt everyone who can afford the Maldives, that gorgeous ?? :))))

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Adaaran Club Rannalhi vs. Adaaran Select Hudranfushi

There is nothing wrong with being a resort snob when it applies to your own personal choices. There is something wrong when it's applied abruptly to other peoples choices.

What's important to that person may be very different to what's important to you. As such understanding the persons requirements is important. Might not be something that floats your boat, sure, but it might totally float theirs.

It's simply not helpful, or quite frankly polite or pleasant to totally discount someone's choices. So call it snobbery, call it rudeness, call it anything you want, but let's be honest you can't call it pleasant and you can't be surprised if someone calls you on it.