We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with location

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help with location

Hi all. I'm almost ready to book a trip to the Maldives and your input will be much appreciated. I'm looking for an island with good snorkelling, all inclusive and a good standard (4-5 star). Budget for two adults going for two weeks ideally is 5-5.5k. A water bungalow would be nice but I know that's probably out of the question! Also, which operators can people recommend they have used (based on best price obviously). Many thanks , nick

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with location

When do you want to go? That can make a big difference to prices.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with location

see your own identical thread from last week, Nick.

i see you have given up on the fishing idea .. very wise .

but really ... what else can we tell you ? you got our suggestions and for travel in the upcomning high season, you really cannot wait to book as every hour, not to mention every day , will narrow your options.

ask Richard (here in the forum as PurelyMaldives) to pull up your options. i personally would have jumped on that vilamendhoo deal you found ... but all that has already been said ...

David .. he wants to go in march/april

Edited: 16 September 2012, 21:11
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,463 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with location

When do you want to go? Prices are often higher in the high season (approx mid Jan to min April).

If you want a direct flight from London check Thomson/first Choice/Hayes and Jarvis to see a few options as a starter.

You can also search Kuoni, Purely Maldives etc online.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 21:13
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,463 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with location

Spammie lol cross posted...

I was thinking Vila in a BV but with prices rocketing I wasn't sure if he'd get even that if it was high season.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,463 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with location

First Choice Vila BV 17/3/13 Gatwick direct 14 nights AI is showing as 5560.

For JBV add 588 and that gets you in the adults only restaurant.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with location

well last week he seemed to have found a deal that was within his budget and several of us suggested he should check to make sure if taxes, etc and especially the seaplane are included and then jump on it before it goes away... but he wasn't all too thrilled with our advice

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with location

No your advice was much appreciated thanks! It's a pretty big decision (for me anyway) to spank 5k plus on a holiday on such a whim. I have since found other deals but now I'm confused whether these taxes etc are included? It's hard to get a concrete price off the various travel sites. I don't want to start calling people up only to be told bluntly that the Maldives is out of my price range!!! On an unrelated note, I have spoken to others that have done the DIY fishing thing and it's more than possible ;-) thanks again

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,463 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with location

The first choice deal above has sea plane in it.

What companies/deals have you found?

Scotland
Level Contributor
374 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with location

Maybe I am old school but go to the travel agent and let them sort you out. Maldives I didn't find cheaper doing DIY. That way you know everything is included.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with location

I've looked at so many websites that I've lost track of them all! But I have definitely seen good standard islands for around my budget. But now I'm not sure if taxes need to be added which obviously increases the price! Just wanted the opinions of regular travellers to the Maldives, especially regarding resort and who to book with