We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive Wrist Bands

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,380 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive Wrist Bands

Which islands issue these? We have had to wear them on two islands. Paradise Island and Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo.

I have heard on Kuredu that they have gone a step further and have different colours for different levels of AI.

Wrist bands are one of my pet hates and they would probably put me off booking an island.

Any others?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

But Chaaya Ellaidhoo will put them on your key ring if you prefer!

Edited: 03 October 2012, 15:26
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
281 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

No wrist bands at Centara Grand, also one of my pet hates lol

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,380 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

Yes, Heather I should have mentioned that, and also after a few days they didn't seem to mind if you didn't have one. First I tried to disguise the bright orange band by painting it with nail polish, but it looked worse so I managed to slip it off.

On Paradise they cut the strap short and it was really sharp. Everytime hubby and I hugged we got scratched, and it was lethal in the shower!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,176 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

i will not - ever - wear something like that . sorry.. but no cattle tag for me. key ring is no option either if that means you have to have it on you . i have a bad habit of not carrying that around - yes that means i don't lock my room .. shock! horror! LOL

thankfully, my alcohol ingestion consists of maybe one or two pina coladas throughout the vacation .. so AI is definitely no attraction to me

Edited: 03 October 2012, 15:34
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

I think meed does in the main resort, I am struggling to remember. I can't say it's any form of major deal breaker for us, it's not something we really notice either way, hence why I am struggling to remember, but I think they took them off us when we moved to the water villas, hence a small memory.

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

Spammie, .we don't usually bother to lock our room either. Valuables, such as they are, passports and ticket and cash etc in safe, what else is there to steal apart from assorted bathing costumes and the odd flipflop?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

No point in nicking an odd flip-flop, better to take the pair.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

I'll admit that it would definitely put me off going to an island if they issued wrist bands. For a cheapy last minute AI holiday somewhere probably but spending thousands of ££££'s on a Maldives holiday, I'd draw the line.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,262 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

Yes you are correct in saying there are 2 different AI wrist bands with different entitlements on kuredu --AKA the class system !!!

Didn't like the system or wearing the band

Darryl

Edited: 03 October 2012, 21:33
London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusive Wrist Bands

Vilamendhoo has them!