We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Irufushi Resort & Spa WHICH VILLA

Hilton Irufushi Resort & Spa WHICH VILLA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 17:07
Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Irufushi Resort & Spa WHICH VILLA

Hello Charlie

I travelled to Irufushi in May 2012 with my wife and 2 boys (4 and almost 1).

We stayed in a Deluxe Beach Villa (only difference from a Standard BV is a gazebo on the beach). Our bed was huge, our 4 year old slept on the daybed (larger than a single bed) and the room has plenty of space for another full size bed.

The bathroom was large and luxurious with an outdoor and undercover shower, it also had a jacuzzi bath with changing lights which our eldest loved when we added some gel to cause an avalanche of bubbles!

The TV did not have many useful channels - but we had our own supply of DVD's to play. The room allowed free wired internet access via our laptop so I could keep up with work.

The Kids Club is well equipped for youngsters - but really too young for your 2. The swimming pool was fantastic with sweeping curves and a large shallow end for children.

There is a very good choice of restaurants - and remember, even

if you have booked HB or FB you can still carry a credit into the a la carte restaurants.

I hope the info helps.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

2. Re: Hilton Irufushi Resort & Spa WHICH VILLA

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 17:07
Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Irufushi Resort & Spa WHICH VILLA

Hello again

On Half Board you will just about get a 3 course meal in all restaurants.

As you will have paid to eat as much as you like in the Buffet - you will be given a credit of $58 per adult from mid May to mid october; or $70 at all other times to use in the a la carte restaurants. Your 2 boys will also dine for free from the Kids Menu in each restaurant - or 75% off the a la carte menu.

We also paid a little extra for 2 nights of our stay to eat at the Islanders Grill sat on the beach as the sun was setting. They offer a set 3 course menu (with a couple of choices) - and each course is paired with a glass of wine - delicious cuisine and vino ! Total additional cost (on top of our credit) was about $90 - and we enjoyed a pricey Australian Beef Tenderloin which woudl have been $49 from the menu alone.

My suggestion for room would be to go for location first - request a room at the Iru Restaurant end of the island so as you can have a nice amble to breakfast rather than need to order a golf buggy every morning.

The island is large enough to get yourself lost away from anybody else, and offers a great option for families and honeymooning couples alike as noise doesn't carry and it only ever feels busy if you catch the restaurant just after a load of other guests have walked in.

If you want to look more at the food choices you can either look at the island website or send me a PM with a private e-mail address and I will forward them on.

Best wishes

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Edited: 04 October 2012, 22:07
4. Re: Hilton Irufushi Resort & Spa WHICH VILLA

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 00:19