My husband and I were supposed to go to the Maldives in 2010, but due to a family health emergency (everything is fine now), we had to cancel our trip. We're looking to go early August 2013.
What I'm looking for is: AI, water villa, lagoon access from villa (bonus), powdery sand, excellent snorkelling in house reef
Here are the choices I've narrowed it down to...
1. Kuramanthi (any tips on who to book with besides Kuoni direct?
2. Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo (book through who?)
3. Chaaya Lagoon (both Thomson and Kuoni seem close in price)
4. Reethi Beach (only on Kuoni, not Thomson)?
5. Arthuruga (I had them on my list before, but can't find a listing for them)?
SO - I'm hoping you can give me feedback on my rankings, and also on potential travel agencies besides Thomson (which there seems to be some grumbling about) or Kuoni (who seem to price highly). I did see the thread on agents in the UK, but being here in Canada, it's a bit more difficult....
PS - Anyone looking for tips on Mexico or Cuba can PM me :) That's in 'my neck of the woods'