We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Travel Market

London
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
World Travel Market

World Travel Market hits the Excel centre in London this week and the Maldives Tourism Promotion Board always has a big stand with lots of reps from the resort companies. I always stop by and am going on Tuesday.

Any chance any one on the Forum is going? Richard?

Any questions you want me to ask the resort management or the MTPB?

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Travel Market

When do they plan on encouraging lower pricing and lobbying the government to scrap GST would be good. thanks Bruce....

:-)

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: World Travel Market

Hello Bruce

Yes I will be there on the Monday. I generally steer clear of the Maldives stand as it is often only manned by staff from the Male agencies rather than resort staff - however this year has seen a bit of a change with islands asking us to meet their guys on the stand - much more useful.

Also looking to say hello to the guys from Scaevola who are now running Atoll Explorer.

Cheers

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Male
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: World Travel Market

Hi Richard, it will be a pleasure to see you Monday. 10:30am would be good for me! See you then. Michelle

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World Travel Market

I would be interested to hear about how they see the evolution of Maldives tourism ie is it all artificial islands, dolphin parks, golf courses and five or six star resorts or is there room in the projections for three or four star resorts, natural islands etc. if so, where will these manifest themselves?

Where do they see their main customer base coming from ie Western Europe or Asia PAC and how does impact how they market them selves?

How much does the politics impact on what they do and how changeable is it based on the government of the moment?

Not sure you would want to ask any of these questions, but the answers would be interesting, especially as a non travel agent asking ( sorry Richard but you and they both have a vested financial interest here, which will govern the relationship, how you ask and how they respond, even with the best intentions).

5. Re: World Travel Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 10:16