We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athuruga or Mirihi?

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Athuruga or Mirihi?

Votes are welcome. Preferably with the reason :)

If we stay in Athuruga, it'll be a water villa like at Mirihi.

And we are not divers, but far most interested in the physical/natural beauty of the island.

Which one would you pick?

Many thanks.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athuruga or Mirihi?

mirihi ...i have visited both several times with mirihi being my favorite island , athuruga 2nd fav .

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athuruga or Mirihi?

thanks spammie, have u ever visited athuruga after the white wv's built or no? I think after they were built, they became more expensive than Mirihi...

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athuruga or Mirihi?

I vote for Mirihi too. The water villas at Athuruga are more spacious than Mirihi's, but I'm not a fan of their exterior or interior design at all. That being said, you probably will find it more impressive than Mirihi's water villas. Everything else I prefer at Mirihi over Athuruga. The atmosphere is more relaxing and quieter, the reef is better, the food and service also, etc. Mirihi is a slightly bigger island than Athuruga in physical size but has half the number of rooms. I found the beaches at Mirihi more secluded for this reason, and I'd also give the edge to Mirihi when it comes to overall natural beauty of the island.

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Athuruga or Mirihi?

Thanks, jp, Mirihi, it is.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athuruga or Mirihi?

Remember athuruga has one of the best ai in the Maldives. Mirihi is non ai, which can make a big difference to the cost at the end of the day...

6. Re: Athuruga or Mirihi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 17:19