We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which resort out of these

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which resort out of these

Hello,

looking to go to Maldives in January and have been given a few resort s which fit into our budget for a water villa.

Robison Club

Angaga Island resort

Komandoo

Velassaru

Hilton Iru Fushi

which would be your recommendation and why?

We only snorkel so our would like good house reef

decent food (cos we have the option of extending our stay over 7 days)

Semi luxury accomodation

thanks for your help

Edited: 20 November 2012, 12:55
Mentioned in this post
Komandoo
Komandoo
Lhaviyani Atoll
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: which resort out of these

I'm not sure you can book the domestic flight yourself? And I'd avoid staying a night on Male if you can as there's only the airport hotel or guest houses with local rules e.g. No alcohol on the city island. See if you can get different flights?

I've only been to Velassaru which has no house reef although we did snorkel under the water bungalows which on our first trip was fab for me! Robinson Club is highly recommended and we are considering although the logistics does put me off a bit!

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: which resort out of these

Hello

You can check flight schedules for the domestic plane flight here :-

http://www.maldivian.aero/

Do not be tempted to book the internal flight yourself though as it needs to be arranged as part of your accommodation package.

Remember that the domestic transfer is not affected by daylight in the same way as seaplanes.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: which resort out of these

The total cost of the round trip transfers to and from Robinson Club is $562.50 according to their website. This is not that much more expensive than the seaplane transfers, which typically run anywhere from $400-500 per person.

14. Re: which resort out of these

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 02:16