We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
5 posts
Save Topic
Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

Dear Expert,

Please suggest few top 3 hotels in Maldives with great children activities ( 8 year old girl) + a lot of great stuff for adults.

My wife is pregnat too( 5 months) - so our need is very unique and that is why we need expert advise.

Thanks.

Samkaul (India)

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

1- Island Hideaway

2- Kanuhura

3- Conrad

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

samkaul, welcome to the forum.

Whats your budget for food, drinks, transfers and accommodation and for how long are you going and at what time of the year? If you read the FAQs there is some hints on what info to provide the forum also to get the best answers from people.

Lots of islands have great facilities for kids, from Centara being one of the more popular, to some of the larger islands ie kuramathi, which all have good stuff for adults too - ie different restaurants or a variety of watersports to try out, gym, spa etc.

Howver it really depends on your budget. Centara tends to be really quite pricey, but there is some other resorts which are less expensive and would also fit the bill. The difference can be hundreds of dollars a night,, so the question really is whats the best resort for x budget.

London
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

What's your budget?

How important is house reef snorkeling to you?

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Fiji
Level Contributor
502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

Good evening Samkaul,

Welcome to the forum. Bruce is correct and it is much easier for the experts to help you with a little more information:

* Budget

* Length of stay

* Transfer time

* Preferences - Robinson Crusoe, Snorkeling, Activities, Remote, lots of dining options, water villa or beach villa etc.

Sunny regards

Jason

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

Hi,

I may say - we want to have a great stay - budget would be medium range.

But see our needs - 8 year old daughter -- so need good children activities and for adults too. My wife is expecting ( 5 months).

We plan to come for 6 nights.

Please indicate hotels on Centara and others ( as per info above).

Regards,

Sameer kaul

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,406 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

can you put a numerical value to the phrase "medium range" please ? do you want to snorkel ?

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

I know that it will depend on what your budget is, but have you looked at Kurumba? I would recommend it to you for a few reasons......

1) It is really good for kids..... Kids Club, two pools, table tennis, tennis, great lagoon for snorkelling beginners and nice and safe for the kids.

2) a huge number of restaurants to choose from.....and good AI, Dine Around packages

3) Close to Male.....which I know a lot of people would say is a negative point, however I know that if I was 5 months pregnant in the Maldives, I would rather be closer to hospitals etc. "just in case". There are doctors on most islands, but it would ease my mind to know that I could get to a hospital quick if needed. (also a good point for your 8 year old too!)

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

Also good because you are only going for a short time, so you wouldn't waste any time waiting on sea plane transfers etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

What is medium range? Honestly that means something different to everyone.

Is it low end,,ie 300 or. 400 usd a night, mid range, 1k plus a night or high range,,2k plus per night,

That's just rough and some will disagree with me, but it's close enough.

Also, it's one island, one resort, so centara is a resort, it's the only resort on the island.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,510 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel with 8 year old daughter in Maldives

"A huge number of restaurants....." Could be a little misleading.