We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute getaway to Maldives

Hong Kong
5 posts
Save Topic
Last Minute getaway to Maldives

Hello, I am thinking of booking a last minute getaway to Maldives for Christmas with my boyfriend. I am not sure if booking through a travel agent is the best option for this time of year? Should I get a hotel and airfare package? What else is there to do in Maldives besides the usual diving and hanging at the beach? Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

Hi

You may be struggling to find availability best to investigate that first. What else is there to do - nothing the Maldives is about relaxing

Regards

Doug

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

One thing to consider if booking seperately last minute is having to juggle hotel availability with flight availability. I would have a look to see what packages are about first.

We booked our flights and resort seperately for Jan 2013. We did this about a month ago. We were flexible with dates betwen Jan - March and still had to fiddle around with the dates to get the right room option and flights for the amount of nights we required.

You can do most things in the Maldives apart from mountain climbing and caving.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

Assuming you are talking about Christmas next week then you may find a very limited choice of resorts. I would personally opt for a flights and resort package, as that way you at least know you can get to the Maldives and back again..

Can I suggest you find out which resorts are available to you and then come back with the list. We will be happy to comment on the choices available.

OD

Fiji
Level Contributor
532 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

Dear Melissa S,

Welcome to the forum. There is availability at many of the resorts still over Christmas and resorts generally get tight around the 28th of December.

The more popular 4 star all inclusive resorts could be hard to get a booking. Most would have rooms available, however it could be different room types and hence you do not see availability online for a longer period.

Email your selected resorts directly and ask for availability and even offer to room move if you have to. You should only agree the the lower room category price for the duration.

Good luck

Jason

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

There is still some availability so look into it.

Best bet: try both travel agents as well as look online for direct offers. You'll almost certainly get cheaper air fares through an operator but it never hurts to double check.

6. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 16:44
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,940 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

Hi Melissa ;)

For a forum recommended & trusted agent you could try Richard @ purelymaldives

Good luck

Darryl

Edited: 23 December 2012, 08:28
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

I don't think any of the resorts you named are in the Maldives?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,734 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

as karla says ... the destinations you mention are not in the maldives. you need the bali forum for resorts in bali

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last Minute getaway to Maldives

T23, are you sure you can't do caving in the Maldives? Doesn't a well known novel set in the Maldives mention caves?!