We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final shortlist - Taj Exotica vs. Constance Halaveli

London
Level Contributor
49 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Final shortlist - Taj Exotica vs. Constance Halaveli

After some deliberating am trying to decide between Taj Exotica deluxe lagoon villa with pool and Constance Halaveli water villa with pool - which would give the best overall experience in terms of luxury, snorkelling and service?? These are my final two options I am considering.

Any tips appreciated! Thanks, hopefully can finalise today!!

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final shortlist - Taj Exotica vs. Constance Halaveli

if you don't want jumbo jets flying over your head, or don't want to be dazzled by Male lights at night, or would like to see a fish swimming, don't go to Taj.

London
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Final shortlist - Taj Exotica vs. Constance Halaveli

Constance Halaveli

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Final shortlist - Taj Exotica vs. Constance Halaveli

Most people who review Taj are all members of the flat earth society... All deny huge jets a couple of hundred feet directly over their head either full power take off or wheels down full flaps on landing . If you really really don't mind being a mile from the airport, in view of a capital city and close to busy shipping lanes, then go to somewhere like Taj. Looking through reviews, hardly any are from European customers and I always think most reviewers are ignorant about the real maldives of which Taj is sadly, not.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,474 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Final shortlist - Taj Exotica vs. Constance Halaveli

well given that taj exotica has zero snorkeling and all the romance of a pleasant summer afternoon in hyde park .. and halaveli has very limited and uneventful snorkeling - i guess halaveli wins, despite the wavebreakers, the poor reef and the quite non-pretty island.

would i spend my money on either (again .. since i have been to halaveli) .. not in a gazillion years.

however ... we keep saying "none of these" to all your final selection questions and give you the reasons why, along with much superior alternatives - yet you solidly hold onto them . therefore i must presume that your criteria are very different from ours and that you are really not that intent on snorkeling ,etc.

your first island will be lovely , no matter which you choose .. simply go with your instinct.

5. Re: Final shortlist - Taj Exotica vs. Constance Halaveli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 05:16