We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 weeks honeymoon advice please

dorset
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 weeks honeymoon advice please

hi

we are looking to head to the maldives for our final week of our 4 week honeymoon. it is not till the may 2014 but we want to prepare and know what we are doing for it

so what we are looking for is the best way and places to travel for the 3 weeks before that, we know the maldives is gonna be very expensive so we want the other 3 weeks to be a cheaper, we would still like to stay in nice hotels. we are looking to relax and stay near nice beach and not really do to much

so my questions are

what countries would you recommend to visit

what route would you take

how long would you stay at your recommend countries

and any advice of must see sport and places

many thanks

trayciem
Level Contributor
272 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

Do you have a budget for each part or an overall budget and does it include flights etc this will help posters advise you, also do you want to see any cities ie singapore etc or have a beach hol for whole time ?

dorset
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

thanks for the reply,

i think we would be happy for beach all the way really,

and we are hoping for around £6000 for the 2 of us

but would like a nice water hut in the Maldives, so that might take £3000 of that

trayciem
Level Contributor
272 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

No problem Ricky the members on here are happy to help. Does this onclude flights and food ? And are you stuck on four weeks or could you use the budget on a more upgraded three weeks ?

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
591 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

Personally i would do a couple of days in Dubai, then a week in Sri Lanka and then 2 weeks in the Maldives, but thats just me.

trayciem
Level Contributor
272 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

Sri lanka, maldives kuala lumpar, singapore maldives, sri lanka maldives, dubai maldives or maldives / maldives to name a few combos ? Do you dive or snorkel or have any other must see or do,s ?

dorset
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

Thanks for the feedback. Will Defo use this forum in the future.

Yeah we would consider 3 weeks. But would prefer 4 weeks. As it is probably the only time I will be aloud 4 weeks of work.

And I would love to learn to dive.

What island would u recommend in the Maldives. My only must is for it to be a water hut on stilts.

I hope we could get a bit more money. But I think max will be £7000 for every thing

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
966 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

The water villa for a week will cost a minimum of £1000 each (based on Reethi Beach on AI without flights) so it is doable in budget. This is a 3-4* resort, very popular on the forum, I visited in June.

I agree with a previous poster, Dubai and Sri Lanka would be good destinations. Male isn't as good an airport hub as others like Bangkok or Singapore in Asia so you may be restricted by reasonably priced flights. However SE Asia is a good place to tour on a budget due to backpackers itineraries.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

TA has a "Honeymoon" forum. In view of your desire for a multi-location honeymoon it might be worth your posting on there as well.

Sri Lanka and Maldives are a common honeymoon combination. Perhaps with Dubai and/or Singapore added on. If you can arrange your itinerary appropriately I would advocate having the Maldives as the final leg of your honeymoon before you return to the UK. The Maldives are all about chilling out and relaxing, so are perfect for the end of a trip.

OD

9. Re: 4 weeks honeymoon advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 05:16