We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

I've been having a look at the sample menu for the Saima Garden restaurant. We're thinking of trying to book this restaurant, before we travel, for the evening of our wedding anniversary. Is the food worth the prices? The menu looks good and the location by the beach is great.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

Yes for a one off special occasion Beanerd it is.

There are only 5 tables, well spaced apart so it's very private and romantic. Binoy, the waiter is also very good.

Enjoy!

John

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

I know a couple who were there on their anniversary last year and got a complimentary one, they recieved an invite in their little post box.

Not sure how common that is?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

We had a meal here as repeat guests and yes it is very romantic. We paid a little extra for a lobster meal which was very good. The service was a more relaxed but then we were in no hurry! The only slight downside was they lit a bonfire on the beach right in front of us so when the breeze changed directions it became a little smokey!

Enjoy

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

Yes! We ate there for our 5th wedding anniversary - booked it on arrival for the Sat night (6 days later) and got the last table so booking in advance is a good plan.

For us the food was verging on Michelin star quality. I had the fish menu, husband the meat and it was all so good we carried on eating even though stuffed. It was our most expensive meal but worth it.

The tables are right on the beach, individually set with four poster like surrounds and amazingly an electric ceiling fan! Only 1 sitting per night.

lANCASHIRE
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

We have eaten there several times - complimentary, as repeat guests and each time an excellent 5 course meal served by the wonderful Binoy. Amazing romantic setting and as others have said very private but - bear in mind that as well as the Reethi Grill, this is closed on Fridays.

Scotland
Level Contributor
374 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

Honeymooners and repeat guests get a complimentary meal. I think wedding anniversary do also. They send you an invite. We both picked the Maldivian menu and it was superb. We had the table which was nearest the water. We were AI but you get one bottle of wine free. We then bought a bottle of champagne and they gave us 20% off that.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

Only epic wedding anniversaries get a free meal. We asked for our 5th and were told (with a smile) to return in 20 years...!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

Have to confess to not knowing anything about the repeater meal mullarkey when we were last there - well not until we came home anyway. I reckon they owe me an extra one in April.....

:p

Scotland
Level Contributor
374 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

You have to advise them when you book about honeymoon or repeater or at checkin on your form

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reethi Beach: Saima Garden restaurant

According to my kuoni booking form for honeymoon we get fruit basket, meal on the beach and a bottle of wine so would guess that's the saima garden?!