We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oops I've done it again

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Oops I've done it again

OK have gone and booked to go again!!!! Are travelling with Emirates from Birmingham this time as the BA flight now arrives back at Gatwick a bit late for us. Anyone done this route - can you let me know how full the plane was when you travelled (just as a guide) and what camera view you get on the entertainment system. We are flying on a Boeing 777-300ER per Emirates flight details. This will make a difference to the seats we try to book.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oops I've done it again

Only flown from Man with Emirates (but they are very good).

Which resort more to the point?!

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oops I've done it again

Going back to Filitheyo again!!!!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oops I've done it again

Flown from Birmingahm a few times - always virtually full on the Birmingham - Dubai flight and that was usually Tues/Wednes/Thurs. Also pretty busy on the Dubai Male leg although once we had 4 seats to ourselves. The pairs of seats at the back go quickly - we've been lucky a few times and reserved them online though so can't complain.

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oops I've done it again

Well done Albion. you have caught the Maldivitis disease.

We normally go on the emirates flight from Birmingham via Dubai at around 2pm on Thurs, arr Male 8am ish. Homeward bound flight leaves late morn, & land at Birmingham in the aft I think it is. I'm only interested in going and dont pay attention going home! Transition times at Dubai are great - 3 hours including check in etc time and leaves the right amount of time for shopping and a drink/coffee and sometimes a snack at one of the eateries. Unless you are fortunate to book business class. Can recommend that if you have the spare cash, even if it's just for one way.

When are you going?

.....AG

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oops I've done it again

Hi Active - Caught the bug after first visit still not found the antidote although the cost is pushing it a bit. We are going in June this year with fingers crossed on the weather although we have been in Sept/Oct with 2 weeks of near enough solid rain and still keep going back! We are on the 9pm flight so arrive Male late afternoon. Can't afford the upgrade (I wish) but am interested in the outside view cameras they have on the plane - I know last time we flew they just had one looking forward is this still the same?

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oops I've done it again

They have the forward and also down camera so you have a choice of two.

I suspect June will be far better than Sep/Oct in terms of rain unless you are very unlucky ...

.....AG

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oops I've done it again

Thanks Active thats just what I wanted to know - can now happily book middle seats knowing I will be able to see those islands come into view as we approach Male - I do love that bit!

8. Re: Oops I've done it again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 06:18