We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

http://islandlifemaldives.net/activities

Under the activities they show the powersnorkeling which is a divise that allows you to "snorkel" on 6-12 meters dept for 1 hour. Looks great has anyone heard about this before?

And if you have heard about ot do you know if it is available at Conrad Rangali?

London
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

Wow, that looks cool. Kanthony will be along shortly to clarify if Rangali has it. Would love to know if any other resort has it.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,171 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

Oh, interesting ... could be like a taster session or substitute for people who don't dive!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,010 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

actually its pretty difficult to steer .. i am terrified for the reef

Perth, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

Hi,

i have used power dive/snorkelling many times.

Great fun and a real experience of scuba diving.

so easy....just snorkelling underwater.

I would like to clarify though that i am involved with Island Life Maldives in Keyodhoo Island.

Regards

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

Hi there

Nope we don't have this gadget but you can be sure this video will be on our GM's desk in the next 10 seconds.

We've got a submarine, though.

Note: I work for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

:) cool

If your GM chooses to get it before April, you will at least have 2 guests ready to book it :)

We do dive but this seems like a great way of snorkeling the house reef

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

I understood that stays on inhabited islands/guest houses required ladies to observe rules , covering up, no sun bathing etc... the link implies otherwise or have I got that wrong?? the link looks quite appealing

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

That is very cool. I don't dive, but id definetly give that a go.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

I think in other parts of the world it goes by the name of snuba, very popular in Thailand.

I do have some concerns though, divers have to demonstrate buoyancy and new divers are accompanied by a dm or instructor usually, so there is always extra help and eyes. Who monitors the people using the equipment and their activities to ensure that a) they are safe and b) they aren't damaging the reef.

Perth, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone heard of power snorkeling?

Hi All,

You can contact Island Life Maldives at www.islandlifemaldives.net to obtain any information regarding Powerdive and Powersnorkel products in the Maldives. I have a scuba (PADI dive ticket)...but i much prefer the power snorkel when i am just looking for a quick 1 hour dive with no hassles.

You do not need a dive ticket for the Power snorkel as you will be limited to about 6 meters and in the company of a trained person.

Best fun ever in the Maldives !

NOTE:, I am associated with Island Life Maldives, and we are the distributors for Powerdive in the Maldives.

best wishes all