We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six senses laamu "dine around"

Copenhagen, Denmark
8 posts
Save Topic
Six senses laamu "dine around"

Hello all,

Going for the first time to the Maldives for our honeymoon.

We book six sensens laamu for 11nights in mid march.

We got the half board option, and now abit confused if we should pick the "dine around" option, its about 50dollars extra a day pr. person.

We been told that the "dine around" option will allow us to eat at any of the restaurants in the resort and pick any menu.

Would like to hear from people who opted for the dine around option, was it worth it? will u "earn" the cost back?

how expensive are the restaurants/food?

Thanks for the help

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,640 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

You can email the resort for a sample price menu ....

In the meantime you can see what's on offer in those 6 restaurants:

sixsenses.com/sixsenseslaamu/DiningandRefres…

Still 100 usd per day is pretty steep for a couple on top of HB

Unless it also includes FB?

.....AG

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

Hello

Your agent should have arranged for you to receive a Free Upgrade to Full Board because you are on honeymoon - was this not done ?

I know people who opted to pay the Dine Around extra - and they have commented it was the best decision as the availability of food in the whole range of outlets is much better than the main restaurant.

The extra should be $42 per person.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

Definitely worth it, we had the free upgrade for honeymooners and then added the dine around option. This meant free room service which as it was raining was a godsend! Even without was so nice having lunch with a view of pure blue.

It also gives you one free beach BBQ (fantastic) and you only pay for the wine if you do the meal with wine tasting.

I have some of the menus from last year if you're interested pm and I will send to you.

Garth

Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

Definitely worth it, we had the free upgrade for honeymooners and then added the dine around option. This meant free room service which as it was raining was a godsend! Even without was so nice having lunch with a view of pure blue.

It also gives you one free beach BBQ (fantastic) and you only pay for the wine if you do the meal with wine tasting.

I have some of the menus from last year if you're interested pm and I will send to you.

Garth

Copenhagen, Denmark
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

Hello, thanks for the replys.

We didnt get free upgrade, we got some other free stuff, i think it was a free trip and a basket when u arrive.

Did u get the upgrade from agent, or when u arrived at the hotel?

Do u know if u can buy the "dine around" option directly at the hotel? as it seem cheaper then buying from agent.

Thx garth i have sent u a pm.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

Hey Garth, thanks for posting the info on the dine around. Do you know what kind of drinks are included in this option? Do you have to pay for wine and cocktails for example?

I'd be very interested to see the sample menus if that's not too much trouble.

Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

Hi Freddie I have just pm'd you.

Garth

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

Hi Tadzen

Hope you had a fantastic honeymoon!

Wondering if you ended up going with half board or half board dine around?

I'm going in May and have breakfast included in my rate daily. Not sure if it's worth booking the half board dine around at USD118 per person just for dinner at the few restaurants?

Does anyone know if dinner would cost more than USD236 a couple each night?

Thanks, Lauren

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

I think Lauren it would depend on your meal choices and how many courses you had. Obviously if you had one course each and the cheapest on the menu no, if you had a starter, main, dessert, coffee and some expensive choices in there yes. Look at the menus and see what you are likely to eat.

No one can predict what you would chose to eat for you, sorry.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Six senses laamu "dine around"

How about general half board price? Do they restrict to eat in main restaurant only?

It seems the policy has been changed........i was in full board when i went by end 2011, got 75 dollars (dinner) per person as credit to dine in all restaurants including room service and special dining like private sandbank bbq.

I never did the buffet in main restaurant (Longitude), Theme nights Set dinners in Leaf and Deck a Dance was Usd120++ per person, i simply paid the extra on top, for room service, i don’t think it could cost more than $236.