We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,452 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

After reading many reviews, looking at lots of pictures, speaking to friends who have been to the Maldvies and also having been to the Maldives myself I am concerned that there is something missing !! Ice cream ??

Has anyone seen ice cream on a resort buffet in the Maldives ?

Darryl

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

Xarla - if you're partial to something that's not on the menu, let the chef know. There were plenty of apple fritters for dessert, but I (jokingly) complained that we never had banana fritters. Low and behold, the following night there were banana fritters, just for me! Mind you I then had to eat them 3 nights on the trot! Good job we were going home, or I might have ended up looking like a banana.

SL

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

It doesn't usually stay very ice creamy for long but yep, had it at Komandoo, Veligandu, & Reethi. Don't remember there being any at Angaga though.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,452 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

Hi X

Talking of taking chocolate P has saved a whole tin of Roses from Christmas that will soon be heading for the Maldives, unfortunately for the Roses it is a one way ticket :-)

D

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

I might just mention chocolate mousse to them, SL. There were a couple of nights with nothing made of chocolate in sight.

Did you think the buffet choice was limited compared to other islands (even other 3*s)?

Lol @ Darren - tin of Roses! We always go at Easter and take little chocolate eggs (somehow they survive the journey unmelted).

Edited: 18 February 2013, 20:22
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,452 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

This is also true, when I confronted P about the weight being a burden on our luggage allowance she came up with a cunning plan, she was prepared to open the tin and leave the toffee pennies behind.

Are all ladies chocoholics lol!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

Tin of Roses? They'd never make it onto the plane :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

Have to say Xarla, that the buffet food was my one main 'moan' re Angaga. OH thought it was great, but I wasn't impressed, and I am actually quite easily pleased. For me, the food on Biyadhoo left Angaga in the shade. The mains I found quite samey and the desserts ... well.... I tended to have fruit if it was there. I was glad we were on half board + as the toasted sandwiches, fries and cakes were great. I wouldn't have wanted to have the buffet twice a day.

SL

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,303 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

Two choices of different home made ice cream or sorbet at lunch time and dinner at Mirihi.

What's missing: hummingbirds! Not for consumption, lol, but bird watching ;)

Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

40 different flavours at SS Laamu incl. a goats cheese ice cream which I politely declined!

The butterscotch was delicious!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
284 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Is there something missing in the Maldives ?? :-)

There was a different flavour ice cream every meal time at Centara grand. Also available on an afternoon for the kids