We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from the airport.

Moscow, Moscow...
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from the airport.

Hi!

Please, help me!

My husband and me have bought air tickets and reserved a room in Ranveli Village Maldives on 18 - 29 May period. They say that the transfer to the island by plane costs $354 per person. So we would like to reach the island by high-speed boat ourself. Is it possible? If so, how much approximately is it can cost?

Sorry for my English!

Thanks a lot,

Marina (Russia, Moscow)

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from the airport.

The cheapest option is always to go with the transport arranged by the resort. It's a seaplane due to it's distance from the airport - to take a boat would mean a much longer journey. You probably could privately hire a speedboat to take you, but no doubt it would be far more expensive.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from the airport.

Agree with Coldilox - resort transfers are really the only option - whether by speedboat or seaplane (Ranveli is a seaplane only transfer). There is no local ferry option to a resort island and any private speedboat you might be able to hire will cost you substantially more.

Moscow, Moscow...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from the airport.

Thank you very much, friends!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,919 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from the airport.

i concur also . you have no other option - at least none cheaper

5. Re: Transfer from the airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 05:16