We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget island choice

UK
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Budget island choice

Hi all

We have been to the maldives 4 times.. Twice kuramathi, ellaidhoo and meedhupparu ( our least favourite). We have missed 2 seasons and going to return later this year. The prices have moved up considerably so within our budget im looking at biyadhoo embudu village or summer island(even tho no house reef)!.. If we get bad feedback we will return to ellaidhoo (kuramathi much too expensive now). Can any of u regulars advise me if these islands are a bad idea considering we are not first timers? Decent food, relaxing and snorkelling is our priority. Thanks

Resort Snorkeling
Scuba & Snorkeling
Dive Center Aquaventure
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving
itouch Blue Diving Centre
Lessons & Workshops, Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Budget island choice

last couple of times i visited maaya it was probably 40% italian , 40% germanspeaking (include austrians and swiss) and 20% other (brit, belgian, french, etc. no chinese and no russian) .. cant recall any noisy entertainment but there was pasta

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Budget island choice

But how were the eggs Spammie?

UK
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Budget island choice

I sooooo agree parrotfish... Just back from skiing in italy and like italians but as far as the maldives go they not only all talk at once but tend to holiday in large groups... That disturbs me from reading my book lol

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
282 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Budget island choice

Embudu for a budget island every time for me. Just cannot see the attraction of Biya. I liked Fihal but the reef at Embudu is so much better.

Visited Biya once, Fihal and Embudu four times.

Mentioned in this post
Embudu
Embudu
South Male Atoll
15. Re: Budget island choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 06:15