We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asthma

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Asthma

Has anyone with asthma experienced any problems with the humidity in the Maldives. I am considering it as a possible destination for late September but as it will be my first time there I have some concerns. Will take all the proper precautions with medication etc. Many thanks,

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
591 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asthma

My son has asthma and is vastly improved in the maldives. He reacts well to the heat and lack of pollution.

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asthma

My wife has asthma and her asthma is not as bad in the Maldives and seems to have less problems with her allergies, but we do know some asthmatic Maldivians.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asthma

I'm the same anywhere warm...my asthma gets better, regardless of humidity!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asthma

Thank you for your responses. Your responses are very reassuring

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asthma

My sister and I both have asthma and both found ourselves breathing fine in the Maldives 2 weeks ago,now we are back to coughing and wheezing again in this damp climate.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asthma

Chrissy

You best get back out to the Maldives ASAP ,,,,medical reasons of course ;-0

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
160 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Asthma

I have asthma. No wheezing, breathlessness or (nothing to do with asthma) sneezing! The warmth and humidity help. Some asthmatics are more prone to exacerbations during thunderstorms in the UK, which happen in The Maldives regularly, but never heard of anyone having problems. A holiday in The Maldives sounds like an ideal tonic to me!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asthma

Thank you, again very reassuring. I’m probably being over cautious by the sounds of it.

9. Re: Asthma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 05:17