We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer between hotels

13 posts
Save Topic
Transfer between hotels

Im planning on spending a week in the maldives

Im thinking of spending 4 nights in a beach bungalow then 3 nights in a wv on another island

Any advice on islands near each other (speed boat transfer for all) all inclusive - not v expensive (~$2500)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer between hotels

i don't think i am understanding what exactly you want to get for 2.5 k

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer between hotels

I think he wishes 7 nights all inc, inc all the transfers , split between b&b.wv for approx 2500 usd.

I would reoommend staying on one island and splitting the accommodation there.

What time of year are you going? And is that budget for 1 or two people?

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer between hotels

Embudu

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer between hotels

so.. by the time we deduct boat transfer to one island .. another transfer to another island and back to airport ... we are at about 280$ per night .

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer between hotels

I'm more receptive than most to splitting a holiday between islands having done it myself BUT I would think very carefully about doing this if the total length of your stay is 7 days.

We split our holiday in 2011 between 2 islands but we spent 7 days on our first island and 9 days on the second. Admittedly the islands we chose invovled returning to Male and a seaplane transfer but, because of the length of stay we had allocated, this allowed for any unforseen delays (which we had due to the weather). With hindsight we would probably only consider doing any split (even wholly by speedboat) over a similar holiday length.

Even if you choose 2 islands close together you will still lose a fair chunk of your holiday time transferring (also your budget): packing and checkout, waiting for your transport - you might be lucky and leave at the allocated time - we never have, the speedboat has always been 15/30 minutes later than planned and bad weather can slow things down more; you may not get a speedboat transfer if the islands are close by, it might be by dhoni which is slower; then you are checking in again and unpacking on your next island. Even if door to door you were lucky and it took 2 hours personally it would be too much hassle for a 7 day holiday - I'd look for an island that will offer both BB and WV accommodation if you can get this in your budget (which on Spammie's calculation above looks rather tight).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer between hotels

We split our stay this year between 2 islands and had a really great time and were of course able to feel like we had seen abit more of The Maldives but there is no denying that it did take up practically a full day out of our holiday.

First you will need to re pack,check out,get sea plane or boat probably back to Male to come all the way back out again (our sea plane was delayed which didn't help),then you will need to wait for another sea plane or boat,then check in somewhere new,unpack, a full day gone.I might do it again but I wouldn't consider it if you are only there for a week.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer between hotels

but splitting on a limited budget and for a limited period makes no sense. It might make a bit of sense if you can afford it and are there for 2 weeks. But for a week and on a budget of 50p??? - forget it

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer between hotels

Do 3 nights in a beach villa on your island, stay on the same island, do four nights in a water villa.

Don't change islands, not for a week and not for that budget.

Remember, simply due to logistics, your first day and last day are lost to travel. Losing another one in the middle is silly, if only gong for a week.

Alternatively, just book the best room you can, on the best island you can, and go enjoy yourself and stop over complicating it:))

9. Re: Transfer between hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 05:16