We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast

Paris, France
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forecast

Hello everyone!

Next Wednesday we will be going on our honeymoon, our first trip to the Maldives at the Athuruga! But I am a bit concerned because I have just checked the weather forecast and apparently from March 6th to March 15th it will be mostly T-storms, patchy to heavy rain etc.

So I am asking the people who already went to the maldives during the dry season, how is it when it rains? Does it last all day long or just a few minutes? Can we still see the sun?

I know my questions may sound stupid but I am bit worried.

Thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast

Ah, don't worry, the male forecast always says that. Just ignore it:))

People there are saying its hot and dry.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,821 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast

you are checking the wrong forecast. any forecast attempting to predict a tropical marine weather for 10 days in advance is run by fools , with all due respect.

the only weather forecast with any relevance is the local meteorological institure in male http://www.meteorology.gov.mv/met/

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast

Don't worry, I'm here at this moment; today I saw 3 clouds but not in front of the sun!

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Weather forecast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 07:15