We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

My fiance and I are planning a 7 night honeymoon at the Six Senses Laamu in October this year and are looking at a full board package with a dine around upgrade option.

- Will full board include beverages? If not is there a drinks package we can purchase?

- What does the dine around upgrade for breakfast lunch and dinner cost vs the upgrade just for dinner?

- Can we purchase the dine around option when we get to the resort or do we need to pre purchase?

Any feedback would be great!

Save Reply
1. Re: Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

Thank you for your query mayz802.

Below are the details about the meal packages:

Half Board $78.00 = all meals taken in our Longitude Restaurant offering daily changing Gourmet Menu

Half Board Dine Around $118.00 = The Dine Around experience gives guests the option to enjoy their meals in all restaurants and lounges including our main restaurant Longitude, our organic garden restaurant Leaf, our Japanese restaurant Zen and our main bar lounges at Chill Bar & Restaurant. Additionally guests can also enjoy a selection of Destination Dining Dinners at the resort including Beach Barbeques, In-Villa dinners and Wine Dinners at our wine cellar Altitude.

Full Board $129.00 = all meals taken in our Longitude Restaurant offering daily changing Gourmet Menu

Full Board Dine Around $169.00 = The Dine Around experience gives guests the option to enjoy their meals in all restaurants and lounges including our main restaurant Longitude, our organic garden restaurant Leaf, our Japanese restaurant Zen and our main bar lounges at Chill Bar & Restaurant. Additionally guests can also enjoy a selection of Destination Dining Dinners at the resort including Beach Barbeques, In-Villa dinners and Wine Dinners at our wine cellar Altitude.

Meal plan rates are per person per day, subject to 8% GST and 10% service charge, Beverages are not included, only one meal plan may be reserved per stay

The dine around package can be booked upon your arrival to the resort and this doesn’t have to be booked prior to the arrival

For further queries, please feel free to contact Six Senses Laamu at reservations-laamu@sixsenses.com

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

Hello Mayz

Unfortunately the information provided by the 'island' mostly does not apply to your circumstances.

As honeymooners you will qualify for a Free Upgrade to Full Board (which I think you have already realised) - you therefore need to only know the difference between Full Board and Full Board Dine Around - which is $42 incl taxes per person (I have no idea why islands continue to show prices not including the taxes, as the price is totally irrelevant - everybody must pay them!).

On Laamu you do not have an opportunity to purchase any mealplans including beverages - just food.

Yes you can purchase Dine Around when you are on the island - however whenever you purchase it you will need to upgrade the remainder of your honeymoon - you will however find it cheaper to upgrade via your agent rather than when you are on the island.

Have a good trip

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

Thanks for the responses - I asked my agent to upgrade me to dine around and was told the $49 upgrade was just for dinners. Is that correct? Richard, by your point about needing to upgrade the rest of my honeymoon if I purchase the dine around upgrade at the resort - does that refer to accommodation?

Level Contributor
1,608 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

Mayz, I think it means for the balance of the time you are there from when you take out the upgrade.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

Hello Mayz

Patchesmum is correct.

Your room booking is totally separate from your mealplan booking. You can book any mealplan in any room type. The island will not allow you to upgrade to Dine Around for just an odd day - it will be from the day you upgrade onwards.

The Dine Around would apply to Lunch and Dinner (bear in mind some outlets may not be open at lunchtime).

Thanks

Richard

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

I see, that's great info-thanks for all the assistance!

7. Re: Six Senses Laamu - Details for dine around, drinks options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 05:16