We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nika Resort

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
190 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Nika Resort

Just stumbeld over this one. Anybody been there? Help/information very much appreciated. Thanks!

1. Re: Nika Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 14:35
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nika Resort

nika is lovely .. however, its been a while since i stayed so i can't help with current info . what kind of information are you asking for ?

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
190 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nika Resort

i am going with a good friend - two beach villas for single use. is it ok for us or just an island for couples? how's the beach re erosion? i am no diver - and neither is my friend - so we love to relax on the beach, swim and snorkel around. nice food & wine is also important to us.

and any suggestion that fits in the profile (short list: coco palm dhuni, komandoo and vakaru) very much appreciated! stand-alone-bungalows on the beach, not family oriented, nice beach with possibly no sandsacks, nice food & wine. corals not that important, no need for big sharks (except the whale shark, would love to swim with that one!)

4. Re: Nika Resort

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 15:05
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nika Resort

nika is pretty couple oriented , as pretty much all maldivian islands ... but there are always a few singles and families around . its very quiet and private with each villa having its own bit of beach. the drawback is that you can't walk around the perimeter of the island due to that . beautiful island though .. i wouldn't hesitate to go back

however .. you literally couldn't pay me to visit ras fishy

Edited: 21 March 2013, 15:05
Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nika Resort

Hi Judy

Yes Nika is a nice island separate beach villas with own piece of beach.Italian owned or was when I was there but quiet not in the usual Italian mode.I think it suffered some damage in the tsunami ( I left two days before it) but that has all been repaired since. Nothing to put you off this one

Regards

Doug

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
190 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nika Resort

thanks spammie, thanks doug.

@spammie: as above mentioned my shortlist is cut down to coco palm dhuni, komandoo and vakaru - the only ones who are still talking about centara ras fushi are paul and xarla ;-) did you visit one of these three? if so please share your experience!

@doug when was your last stay there? reviews are controverse ... (always checking TA and Holidaycheck before booking)

Edited: 21 March 2013, 15:16
Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nika Resort

Hi Judy

A while ago as I said we came home a couple of days before the tsunami whichever year that was

Regards

Doug

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
190 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nika Resort

Thanks Doug, I've overseen that one (as I've posted from the office before).

10. Re: Nika Resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 05:17