We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

What is the price range of speedboat transfer that can accomodate 12pax & luggage? The price quotation that I got is USD750. Is that reasonable?

27 replies to this topic
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

Hi Jamie

Welcome to the forum

$750 does on first glance looks steep but if it is the price for private hire, even although the boat will take 12 people plus luggage, then it's probably on a par with resort charges for same. Is this the quote from your guest house? If not check with them or clarify whether this is for a shared boat or private transfer just for you.

The only other way to get to Maafushi is by local ferry but that only runs once a day (Friday excepted) at 3pm and cost $3.

Another alternative is an approach to Biyadhoo which is the nearest resort - if they have guests arriving at the same time they may be willing to sell you space on their speedboat but you will still need to get from Biya to Maafushi - check with your guest house.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

I thought someone else quoted at 180 usd for the speed boat, there was a thread on it recently. Someone asking to share to reduce the cost.

However the boat might not have taken 12 people and luggage, so this could be the difference. On a per head basis it seems quite reasonable.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

It was on this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/…48253749

OP was looking to share a dhoni transfer from Maafushi to Male at $180 - Nic suggested local ferry was a better price.

Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

Thanks everyone for the replies, Did received cheaper quotation $150(exclude taxes) for ow but it's for small boat (5-6pax). My travel grp size is 12pax for 7Apr.

Yup local ferry is the cheapest somehow it schedule to depart 7.30am. Too early I guess.

What's the difference between dhoni & local ferry?

Do you think I would be able to get far better price if I to deal directly in Male? For Maafushi-Male?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

Can you not hire two boats for 6 people? That would be only 300 usd in total....

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

The 7.30am departure time is for the trip from Maafushi back to Male (Villingilli terminal) - again only one sailing per day.

mtcc.com.mv/media/…provinceferryschedule.pdf

So the $750 is the price for 12 people ($62.50 each)? Seems very much on a par with resorts.

Assuming this will meet you and bring you back at times best suited to meeting your flight I would pay for that rather than be limited by the single local ferry available each day or a slow moving dhoni - personal choice though!

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

Is there any way, we can book the speedboat in advance and share with other people travelling to Maafushi?

We are coming on Oct 1st at 15:00

Thanks

Mark

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

Mark - try starting a new thread asking for people who might want to share on your arrival date.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

Mark - sorry I see you already have done!

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi

hey would like to share speedboast transfer to maafushi from male on 25th mar 2014 post 3 pm anyone arriving at similar time wanting to go the maafushi pls repond. we are a family of 3 wanting to share costs

Reply to: Speedboat transfer cost to/from Maafushi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted