We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

I never been to Maldives in the wet season, so wondering if on the SUNNY days of the wet season, does the weather feel the same as on the sunny days of the dry season?

Or the sunny days of the wet season still feel a bit more humid and not same as the good days of the dry season?

Many thanks.

Belfast
Level Contributor
745 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

Have been in several different months of the year & would say didn't notice that much difference- high humidity all year round, though possibly slightly less in dry season.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

Agree................my hair definately says it's high humidity any time in the Maldives!

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

really? I've been to Maldives many times in the dry season, and never found the sunny days humid.

Malaysia, Thailand are humid, yes, but Maldives in the sunny days of the dry season, never felt the weather was humid.

Edited: 04 April 2013, 17:08
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

azurelagoon.................can we swop hair please?!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

Never found the maldives humid any time of year. I use the shirt/t shirt sweat test

Always dry in the maldives compared to other places such as the Caribbean where I am like bear grills after a 50 mile hike thru the amazon

South Wales
Level Contributor
945 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

Er , call me weird but has it got a bit warm in here :)

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,940 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

Babs, leave the conditioner in your hair after washing. Just squeeze the excess out. Feels a bit solid as it dries but a comb through sorts that and then it doesn't frizz.

It also protects from the salty sea the next day.

Edited: 04 April 2013, 18:25
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

It does feel different yes, to me it does. It feels just hot, airliness and dry in the high season, and where as it is the exact same tempreture in the low season, it just feels easier to bear, a nicer heat, I can't explain it, but I have to say, I prefer the heat in the low season, as in the high season, simply walking about is an effort. You simply can't do much in that type of heat.

It's strange, I can't articulate it, but to me,,even though I knew it was the same temperature logically, I felt it was easier to bear,more air and less stifling and exhausting in low season.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
975 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

I agree that Maldives is humid, more than the Caribbean according to my hair anyway! Not much difference in seasons for me either but we've had similar weather across our 5 trips bar much rain on 1st one.

Our best weather in June 2010 was very hot & humid - even the staff thought so.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the wet season more humid than the dry season?

Been 3 times in high and twice in low season and not noticed any difference - we found it rather humid on each occasion, always hot, and not a dry heat like Egypt, for example.