We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

I have narrowed down my search to Adaaran Prestige Water Villas and Lily Beach Deluxe water villa. Both have great all inclusive packages. We are strictly vegetarians (No sea-food). Which is more advisable? We are planning to visit in september. Both suite our budget. Kindly help me select the best one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

I totally forgot to add that i am also interested in athuruga water villas. Please help me select from the three.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

Ok, that changes it, have been to adaaran, going to thudufushi in the summer, the sister of athuruga and I would pick athuruga over adaaran of the two.

However you wanted things like huge bathroom, butler etc and you don't get that at athuruga.

I would say, I've done the butler thing, and it really makes no difference if you call reception or your butler, it's not really a big deal.

The water villas at athuruga to me, look bigger and better than ath, and the water villas at thudufushi, in terms if the deck, are better than athuruga,,,,

Decisions decisions,,,:))

Edited: 05 April 2013, 19:43
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

Sorry that should say, the water villas at athuruga look bigger and better than those at adaaran, where the interior is lovely, but the deck quite small, and the water villas at athuruga are not as big as those at thud, if you count the deck,,,,

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

Thank you so much Froggy. Even i loved the athuruga villas more (based on pics) . What was the food experience? We are strictly vegetarian (No meat, No Sea-Food)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

keep in mind that with aadaran , you are in a very nice villa on a very poor island . you are sharing a lot of infrastrcture with the 3 star part of the island , have a fairly ugly (for maldivian island standard) island to look at and walk around on and a poor reef.

lily beach is not the most pictoresque island either but miles above meedhupparu, has a pretty good reef .. just too family oriented for my taste and the ambience just isn't right for me - very subjective.

from this selection , athuruga wins hands down . exquisite island , outstanding reef , great food and athmosphere

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

Thanx spammie. I would ask you the same question again. Which of these had better food, specially veg and a great service?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

To be fair, I would argue strongly that meed is not ugly, far from it, it's very pretty, when away from the sea wall, with wide beaches, powder white sand and a gentle lagoon. I am constantly bemused by spammies use of the term "ugly" in relation to Maldivian resorts, and a quick flick through her postin history shows she uses the term much more than she ever praises anything.

The reef, is better than kuramathi,which is put forward as decent on this forum. I'm not sure why spammie has such a downer in this island, and having been twice, I factually disagree with her. To be honest. I know I have stayed on these resorts and as such, my opinion stands.

It's billed as four star, but I would place it more as three, yes, however you are not staying at meed, you are staying at the water villas, which I have to guess spammie has no experience of, and is not telling you she has not stayed there, which is very off in my opinion, but the water villas more than tick all your boxes.

I do agree however that athuruga would be placed above it...

Spammie, in future, be honest. When did you stay and for how long, because sometimes honey, you talk nonsense,

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

Thanks Froggie, i know that PWV tick all my boxes, but now i am seriously doubting the butler requirement. I loved the lily WV the most because of the pool/ jacuzzi and the glass floor at entrance. But the overall look of villa from outside is not great. Athuruga's overall look is great, but the bathroom is small compared to lily. Please please comment on veg food availibility.

Edited: 05 April 2013, 21:21
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

yes. definitely haven't stayed in the aaderan prestige watervillas on meed. the reef , i found not as good as kuramathi but maybe it has strongly recovered recently. froggy is also right that no maldivian island (with the possible exception of thilafushi) is really objectively ugly. i just mean it in comparison to postcard islands like athuruga. honestly , i am only trying to say that i would not spend this kind of money to end up on meedhupparu . personally, i would invest the sizable sum in a place where everything is pictoresque.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adaaran Prestige Water villa v Lily beach Deluxe water villa

I'm surprised no one has chimed in on Lily Beach. The water villas are very very nice , island is a good size, food is pretty good. I enjoyed Lily a lot. (I would say the reef is quite good also)