We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

lancashire
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

flying to komandoo march 2014 1st timer,Have i made a wise choice regarding emirates and a brief 2hr stay in dubai...never flown with emirates and never landed in dubai before.

could have flown from gatwick direct to the maldives with other carriers but manchester on the doorstep,,,,any comments please

Level Contributor
1,608 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

Have done that route a couple of times. No problems at all. Good service, food, films. Dubai airport easy to navigate despite being enormous, 2 hours is plenty of time for transfers.

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

Another vote for Emirates! Dubai is also good for duty free on the way home.

england
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

I cant imagine anyone from Manchester would willingly trek to London to fly unless there was a really good reason - Patchesmum you are excused. The flight from Manchester will be great. Especially if you are on the big plane. Just enjoy it.

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

Done many times and 100% preferred , going again in 3 weeks , great food ,entertainment , drinks , and yes do the @13;30 ish A380 a bonus

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

Another vote for Emirates - good entertainment system and service. We find the stopover, which gives you the chance to stretch your legs and walk, makes us less tired on arrival in the Maldives. Just make sure you know where your next gate is and plan to arrive there in good time as flight calls are not always clear.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,262 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

Hi

Did Birmingham_Dubai_Male a few weeks ago with 2hr lay over ,no problems with emirates

Enjoy

Darryl

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

Yep i agree with others.

Just check transfer times as we had 5.5hrs stop over from 1am to 6am in morning on way home and it was a killer! Sat in dubai airport wishing we had a bed to sleep in.....knowing we had another 8hrs flight ahead.

Manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

I have flown many times on Emirates from Manchester to Dubai to Colombo. You will get the A380 Manchester to Dubai which is fab. The flight is really good - excellent staff, inflight services / tv etc. I have just flown on the Glasgow to Dubai to Colombo route and it was an enjoyable flight (but not as good as Manchester). Hope this helps!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,369 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

Emirates is one of the best airlines i have ever flown with.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flying emirates via dubai from manchester...

Another positive vote. Have flown Emirates out of Manchester many times. Excellent service, food, entertainment system. The couple of hours in Dubai will pass before you know it. If you're on the 14:00 ish flight, it'll be on the A380 which is brilliant.

As mentioned do check the whereabouts of your gate in Dubai - there are signs telling you how many minutes walk you are away. It can take a while to get there!

It's far more hassle getting to Gatwick for the 'direct' flight than going from Manchester via Dubai!

Edited: 28 August 2013, 19:38