We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon destination May 2014

Pune, Maharashtra...
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon destination May 2014

Hi,

Please suggest whether Maldives would be a good destination to choose for a honeymoon during early part of May(before 15th May)?

How does Maldives compare with Phuket in terms of overall experience? Budget: 1 - 1.5 Lac(INR)

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon destination May 2014

Hello Somenath

Welcome to a slice of paradise.

I am not conversant with your currency - can you provide the forum with a US $ equivalent please? Also let us know whether you are including international flights, and any requirements you have.

thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon destination May 2014

whats a lac and how long are you going for ?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon destination May 2014

A lakh is a unit in the South Asian numbering system equal to one hundred thousand.

INR is Indian rupees.

So, the poster is asking for a resort around 100,000 to 150,000 rupees (around $1,800 to $2,700) but it's anyone's guess as to what this should cover: one night or the entire stay? hotel only? hotel and food? hotel and food and transfers? hotel and food and transfers and flights?

Pune, Maharashtra...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon destination May 2014

Extremely sorry for the incomplete question. The idea was to know whether Maldives would be a good destination for the month of May(between 1st-15th)?

Kanthony as rightly converted the currency in the above post. I am primarily looking for 3 night,4 day stay.

Pune, Maharashtra...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon destination May 2014

Just to refine my questions further:

1. Firstly,I wanted to know whether May is a good time to plan for Maldives?

2. My budget is around 2500 USD and I plan to stay for a minimum 4 days(3 nights). What are the resorts I can aim for?

Male'
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon destination May 2014

if you are looking for a peaceful place then Maldives is a grate destination. and for 3 - 4 nights you can get for a good price. let me know if you need any help finding a good travel agent in Maldives.

thank you

7. Re: Honeymoon destination May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 07:17